Entry back to thailand

Hi all

Back in 2021 i stayed bkk with tourist visa plus about 5 covid extensions.  

I left in 2022 with 4 day overstay and the  reapplied tourist visa and rentered via chiang mai and then bkk after 1 month back in uk.

Recent trip i got tourist + 30 days + 1 covid extension and left with 14 overstay(was hospitalied and needed to.opearte).

Now back in uk. I am thinking of just returning in a months time for a couple of months before i start a new job.

What are my chancea of rentering?  Should i apply for tourist visa and reenter again via chiang mai?

Edited by pantsonfire

Having two recent overstays in your passport, including quite a long one, won't look great to say the least.

Definitely apply for a tourist visa and don't attempt to enter visa exempt. Chiang Mai airport is probably a safer bet than any of the Bangkok airports.

Make sure you have a ticket out, money, a hotel booking and proof of your hospitalization that caused your overstay ready if challenged. 

Edited by Caldera

I endorse the recommendation to get a tourist visa and enter via Chiang Mai. If you want to enter visa exempt, you will be taking a big risk if you do not enter by land. Entering by land involves cost and inconvenience but is the safest solution of all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:
1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Obtain a tourist visa and enter at BKK. 

Why bkk? Seems others are saying chiang mai

I was stopped at BKK on this visit by the head shaking Imm officer flicking through my passport pages, taken to the supervisor desk and shouted at and harangued for having 2 covid and TR visa extensions in the last 2 yrs .. told to get a long term visa not a TR visa and given contact details of a 'visa consultant'

I was entering on the 45 day + 30 days extension they did not like that one bit .. had to fill in a form to give extra personal details address phone email hotel and warned if I try to to enter without a visa again I could be Deported!!!!

So I would recommend entering at CNX next as I would be doing  ... they obviously have something going on at BKK

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So you were entering visa exempt.

As pointed out by others and myself....the OP should obtain a tourist visa

Yeah TR, but its the airport i wanna know which should enter.  I am guessing i can go to Chiang Mai.  Transit bkk then change to Chiang Mai.  Exit and then purchase a new ticket back to bkk

20 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Yeah TR, but its the airport i wanna know which should enter.  I am guessing i can go to Chiang Mai.  Transit bkk then change to Chiang Mai.  Exit and then purchase a new ticket back to bkk

Lot of mucking about.

If your desired destination is Bangkok, I would fly to BKK. 

22 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

If you transit in Bangkok, you will have to clear immigration there, not in Chiang Mai. 

6 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

I thought u dont need to clear immigration?

Nowadays you need to clear immigration at whatever airport your flight into Thailand from abroad lands.

If you want to clear immigration in Chiang Mai, you have to arrive there on an international flight, let's say from Singapore. 

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

Nowadays you need to clear immigration at whatever airport your flight into Thailand from abroad lands.

If you want to clear immigration in Chiang Mai, you have to arrive there on an international flight, let's say from Singapore. 

Can anyome comment on this if its changed since the borders opened fully? 

12 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

I thought u dont need to clear immigration?

If transferring to a domestic flight, you must clear immigration. In the past, there have been a few international flights that disgorged some passengers in Bangkok and continued to Chiang Mai. Then, indeed, you can clear immigration on arrival in Chiang Mai. I am not sure if such flights exist at the current time. They were used by airlines that did not have carrying rights for domestic services in Thailand.

• Love It 1

On 10/17/2022 at 6:11 AM, pantsonfire said:

Should i apply for tourist visa and reenter again via chiang mai?

i suggest thai food cooking classes so you can stay longer in Thailand, and then you can re-educate yourself with ED visa. After that you can take some martial art courses that also gives visa.. but after that sorry i dont know how you can stay longer in thailand. 

if the new job is in Thailand then that also will give you a visa so you can stay too. 

Bump, anyone has any alternative to CNX?

From UK can travel anywhere really.

The flights are about £1450 for my dates which is too high.

If i go indirect to SG, Exit and then check in again for CNX and then to BKK.  Thats about £1000.

This is all single way.  Seems very expensive.  Just wondering if anyone has an alternative.

Thanks

7 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Is there any alternative to go into Bangkok rather than CNX?  the flight have shot up in price.

I have my TR Visa just approved

Congratulations on your e-Visa approval... Did you show your latest stamp pages (with 2 overstays), or the old ones before them?

Yeah flights are very expensive nowadays, if it's cheaper to go via SIN then better do that.

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

Congratulations on your e-Visa approval... Did you show your latest stamp pages (with 2 overstays), or the old ones before them?

Yeah flights are very expensive nowadays, if it's cheaper to go via SIN then better do that.

I showed last 12 months and last 12 months was only to thailand and so i showed that page with overstay

• Thanks 1