Entry back to thailand

Just go to bangkok, its all the same nowadays. This is not 2015 anymore these non bangkok airports are not much safer imo. I just came back via CNX with a bunch of covid extensions in my passport and they were really upset with me about it. I was taken away to a room and interviewed, i believe they were going to deny my entry but then i showed them an exit ticket and explained im leaving in one month and they finally gave me a stamp.

Edited by at15

55 minutes ago, at15 said:

Just go to bangkok, its all the same nowadays. This is not 2015 anymore these non bangkok airports are not much safer imo. I just came back via CNX with a bunch of covid extensions in my passport and they were really upset with me about it. I was taken away to a room and interviewed, i believe they were going to deny my entry but then i showed them an exit ticket and explained im leaving in one month and they finally gave me a stamp.

can anyone else comment on this?

21 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

can anyone else comment on this?

Seems he was entering on visa exempt.

Bottom line he was admitted.

Makes you wonder why Thailand does not have clear guidelines regarding visa exempt entries via air unlike land where it is very clear. 

You have a tourist visa. 

As I mentioned previously in your thread just fly into BKK with your tourist visa.

Would be nice if the last leg was something like KL or SIN into BKK. 

Also another very similar report in another thread..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems he was entering on visa exempt.

Bottom line he was admitted.

Makes you wonder why Thailand does not have clear guidelines regarding visa exempt entries via air unlike land where it is very clear. 

You have a tourist visa. 

As I mentioned previously in your thread just fly into BKK with your tourist visa.

Would be nice if the last leg was something like KL or SIN into BKK. 

Also another very similar report in another thread..

Seems like 2 posters are recommending me to go straight to BKK with TR.  I will probably do a transit flight.  The only thing that concerns me is that this year i was in BKK from

8th Jan 21 - 2nd Apr 22 with TR and covid extension + 9 days overstay.

4th May 22- 13th Oct 22 with TR and 1 covid extension + 14 days overstay.

Now looking to back  6-10th Nov-Dec 22 with TR.  

Would BKK still be sensible?

Edited by pantsonfire

13 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Would BKK still be sensible?

As mentioned during a period prior to covid there were few issues at Bangkok airports .

DMK possibly the worst. 

Still don't know why. 

It's a big deal to refuse you entry if you have a tourist visa. It happens but certainly not the norm.

Yes you may receive a few questions which is unpleasant.

Flying on route that has short last leg (eg SIN) is good idea.

I would not like a direct flight from UK to Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, at15 said:

Were you entering with a visa, or expecting a visa exemption?

23 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

about thorogh search.  the best airline with good price is indirect to HKG then to BKK.

Just thinking alternatives if get questioned from the swamp

You are most likely aware of this.

When someone is refused entry they don't have options.

They are flown back to where the flight originated from.

Some advise that they were able to select where they opted to fly to. Take that with grain of salt.

It's not impossible but not the norm.

You have a TV.

You should be fine into BKK

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

It means a pretty horrendous journey, but SkyScanner suggests that Gulf Air in November might bring you to CNX for a bit over 600 UKP from Heathrow via Bahrain and Singapore. Often these SkyScanner prices are mirages, and you are faced with long stopovers if using this Gulf Air routing. Still, you might want to check it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/21/2022 at 2:00 PM, pantsonfire said:

I showed last 12 months and last 12 months was only to thailand and so i showed that page with overstay

Sorry, was this e-Visa or physical (sticker) visa? I assumed it's e-Visa because I know they require copies of last 12 months of passport stamps.

Embassy doesn't have this requirement, if I'm not mistaken? (for example, in case of a new blank passport, they will not require to see the old one?)

4 hours ago, sallecc said:

Sorry, was this e-Visa or physical (sticker) visa? I assumed it's e-Visa because I know they require copies of last 12 months of passport stamps.

Embassy doesn't have this requirement, if I'm not mistaken? (for example, in case of a new blank passport, they will not require to see the old one?)

I had the evisa but once used its stamped in as TR visa in the passport, so i showed that page with the exit stamp.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all those that helped. I went bkk route and on immigration arrival there was alot of woman io. I only spotted 1 male io and his queue was the fastest.  A few questions and showef hotel and return flight.  Got in fine with 60 days stamp.

Thsnks againa

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

Thanks to all those that helped. I went bkk route and on immigration arrival there was alot of woman io.

Excellent. Good result.

One of my earlier posts.....

"Lot of mucking about.

If your desired destination is Bangkok, I would fly to BKk." 

Glad you made it. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Love It 1