New rule for cash deposit machines from November 15th

webfact

2 hours ago, couchpotato said:

HP and LL..your bickering is getting a bit boring now.

It's New Year....good time to start afresh.

Hopefully.

Thanks for your opinion (and congratulations on knowing what day it is) but I wasn't trying to entertain you so whether you find my comments to other posters boring or otherwise is of no consequence.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, couchpotato said:
32 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thanks for your opinion (and congratulations on knowing what day it is) but I wasn't trying to entertain you so whether you find my comments to other posters boring or otherwise is of no consequence.  

I was wondering where I'd get my daily laugh from...thanks for providing it. You are a poster of mirth.

Aren't I just!

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, couchpotato said:

HP and LL..your bickering is getting a bit boring now.

It's New Year....good time to start afresh.

Hopefully.

What go fxck another thread! A very relative topic to most BMs completely screwed over!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 8:13 PM, impulse said:
On 12/31/2023 at 6:46 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I'm in the same Thailand and I deposited cash in a Silom Road, Bangkok, Krungsri CDM last week using my ATM card and PIN that identifies me.

I wonder if this is one of the times that they haven't quite got it dialed in yet and it asks for a Thai ID #, but it should really ask for Thai ID# or PIN, depending on context? 

Please post back next time you try it and let us know if there's any changes.

Paid cash into the Bangkok Bank CDM near Sukhumvit Soi 8 today.  As in every other cash deposit transaction since the ID regulations were brought into effect all that was required was my ATM card and PIN.  

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 6:43 PM, Walker88 said:

Louie, it's the law, as of 11 Nov 2023.  Maybe the rollout of the new ATMs/software is slow, but eventually it will be everywhere.

I asked in all of my banks, and was told that foreigners must now go to a teller and provide their passport...not even a passport copy.

I didn't need anything today except my ATM card and PIN (BBL).

On 12/31/2023 at 6:40 PM, Walker88 said:

Maybe you can go inform the folks at SCB, K-Bank, Bangkok Bank, et al that you, as a foreigner, can still deposit using the ATM machines.

The first screen that comes up when one enters "Cash Deposit" is "Enter your Thai ID".

Maybe you can go and inform the banks that you spoke to that Krrungsri and BBL both accepted my cash today just by inserting my ATM.  No screen mentioned Thai ID being required.    Were you, perhaps, trying to deposit cash into a 3rd party's account?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe you can go and inform the banks that you spoke to that Krrungsri and BBL both accepted my cash today just by inserting my ATM.  No screen mentioned Thai ID being required.    Were you, perhaps, trying to deposit cash into a 3rd party's account?

You left out the word ‘card’. 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, NextG said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You left out the word ‘card’. 

Indeed I did but I doubt that anyone thought that I was "inserting my ATM".  I also misspelled Krungsri but you missed that.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Indeed I did but I doubt that anyone thought that I was "inserting my ATM".  I also misspelled Krungsri but you missed that.

That’s a lot of argument in your head over nothing. 

You can give anyone your card  & pin to make a deposit. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be glad to do that for you.  :glare:

I fail to see how one could make a deposit at a machine w/o some sort of way to identify your account for crediting, unless it's just a night drop box like my local US bank has.  Don't all ATMs require a card to start doing machine stuff?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 2:00 AM, Cult of the Sun said:

Don't all ATMs require a card to start doing machine stuff?

No, a number of Thailand banks allowed cardless transactions at ATMs, including even withdrawals - you could enter your phone number and a one-time-passcode from your phone and get money from an ATM without ever being issued any ATM card. I have not tested whether that is still possible since November's changes.

Before November, depositing to an account was possible with someone's account number, again without any ATM card. When I first started renting in Thailand, that was how the agent had me submit rent - enter the destination account number, deposit cash, done. This past November things completely changed at least on the deposit front.

Edited by landosmiles

On 1/21/2024 at 10:00 AM, landosmiles said:

No, a number of Thailand banks allowed cardless transactions at ATMs, including even withdrawals - you could enter your phone number and a one-time-passcode from your phone and get money from an ATM without ever being issued any ATM card. I have not tested whether that is still possible since November's changes.

Before November, depositing to an account was possible with someone's account number, again without any ATM card. When I first started renting in Thailand, that was how the agent had me submit rent - enter the destination account number, deposit cash, done. This past November things completely changed at least on the deposit front.

Guess that seals it for us non cell phone people.  When one desirable travel destination does it, they all do.  How desirable they all remain is another matter.  Amazing, all of this prison because of a phone.  Virtually no one questions the tech & they bring them in hell care settings.  Clown world.

torches of freedom cell phone mind control ad bernays.jpg

meme cell phone prisoner.jpg

• Haha 1