Cannabis Bill addresses all concerns raised by Democrat and Pheu Thai parties

snoop1130

28 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I think the controls on alcohol do little to keep alcohol out of the hands of youth. The controls do make it inconvenient to adults though and stores too.

I think there are rules like alcohol can't be sold directly near universities, etc. I think those rules make sense. They don't prevent misuse, but they make it more difficult. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think there are rules like alcohol can't be sold directly near universities, etc. I think those rules make sense. They don't prevent misuse, but they make it more difficult. 

There are rules lol, opposite our local school is a Ma and Pa shop and 50 meters away is a 7/11 all sell booze.

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I think the controls on alcohol do little to keep alcohol out of the hands of youth. The controls do make it inconvenient to adults though and stores too.

AFAIK, this has been done in the second reading version, although I haven't seen a copy of that yet. I searched extensively yesterday, couldn't find anything, even leaks or partials.

I've "heard" that there will be no marketing, social media promotion allowed, as is the case with alcohol. Age restriction of 20 or older. Online sales will be restricted entirely, or possibly tightly controlled with proof of age - this is an open issue. Haven't heard anything about time of day restrictions. There were some rumblings about the balance of controls between recreational and medical use.

Time may run out, either in the normal parliamentary session, or if Parliament is dissolved. Which would be a good thing I think?

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1