View talay residence and view talay

parafareno

Not built by same company. 

The towers were built by a Thai company. 

The residences and villas were built by a South African developer.

The build quality on the latter is better. 

Keep on mind that once built condo buildings typically transition to their own management structures / outside contractors which have nothing to do with the builder. 

Edited by Jingthing

Some off topic posts have been removed.

View Tallay villas and condos were built by a company headed by a German and a British guy and nothing to do with View Tallay condo blocks.

I had a look at a couple of the View Talay Residence buildings many years ago and the build quality is better than average, but because they're relatively small they lack the economies of scale the big condo blocks have their maintenance fees are high and the public amenities are relatively poor. I had a look first at the one next door to View Talay villas and the condo actually had its own garden, which was a first for me. But with 5 or 6 floors of people above you looking out, it was hardly private. It didn't have its own swimming pool, but you could go next door and use the first VT Residence pool which was OK. Then I popped across the road to one of the new blocks which had just been built at the top end of Soi 5. At that time, the maintenance fee there was something like 30 Baht/month/sqm, which would have meant around 5K Baht/month for the condo I liked. Compare that with less than 1K Baht/month where I was living at the time. On top of which, the condo swimming pool was smaller than some private hot tubs I've seen, and there was no rubbish collection, you had to take it down to the communal bins on the ground floor yourself. Needless to say, I looked but went no further, and then decided to buy a house instead. This was back in 2009 or 2010, so a long time ago, and things may have improved.

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Some off topic posts have been removed.

View Tallay villas and condos were built by a company headed by a German and a British guy and nothing to do with View Tallay condo blocks.

That's interesting. Maybe the "famous" South African guy I met many years was also Gernan or perhaps he was head of marketing. In any case I almost bought a unit in a VT residence and the build quality did impress but last minute I got cold feet.