Liz Truss: What the world is saying about UK turmoil

Scott

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s an accusation that can be justifiably laid against the Daily Mail, The Express and the Times. 

Historical facts.

Please backup your assertion that it can be justified to accuse The Times, in 2022, of supporting Fascism.

Just now, placeholder said:

Really? You make an assertion and you expect others to do the homework to prove you wrong? The issue would never have arisen if you hadn't made that assertion. 

I said there are many. You believe there are not. We both have our opinion. We are both obliged to back up our opinions. But you are not prepared to spend the time proving it any more than I am.

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No, you made the original assertion. It's incumbent upon you to prove it. But you can't  because your point is obviously ridiculous. As I pointed out above, the Guardian's editorial board supported the UK's participation in the Gulf war as did most Conservatives. But the left wing of the Labour party was mostly opposed.

You disagreed with me. So prove I am wrong or retract.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

When did I say ‘I’m 2022’?

Refer my comment ‘Historical facts’.

It's clear he's trying to inveigle you into defending something you asserted which was made very clear by your use of "historical facts" in your original comment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

When did I say ‘I’m 2022’?

Refer my comment ‘Historical facts’.

I said that labeling anyone not extreme left a fascist is stupid.

You said it could be justified to do so with The Times.

This implies that The Times is fascist. Not WAS fascist.

Just now, placeholder said:

Just so you know, the Mods frown on people who make claims and then challenge others to disprove them. For obvious reasons.

They also frown on calling people a liar because they can't be bothered to do the research for someone else. Just so you know.

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

They also frown on calling people a liar because they can't be bothered to do the research for someone else. Just so you know.

First iff, you've just conceded that the policy in this forum means that it is incumbent upon you to back up your assertions. Second,  I don't know why you are telling me that "They also frown on calling people a liar because they can't be bothered to do the research for someone else." I haven't called you a liar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As I pointed out if I were to assert that the Telegraph is a nazi paper because many of its columinists are Nazis, and you were to disagree, it would be incumbent upon you to prove me wrong?

If you provided an example of a recent self declared Nazi columnist that worked for The Telegraph to backup your point, and I still declared it was not a Nazi paper, then Yes you would, especially if you were inferring that if I didn't waste my valuable time doing your research for you then I was a liar. 

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

First iff, you've just conceded that the policy in this forum means that it is incumbent upon you to back up your assertions. Second,  I don't know why you are telling me that "They also frown on calling people a liar because they can't be bothered to do the research for someone else." I haven't called you a liar.

I have given an example to back up my assertion. If it is not enough for you, report me to the mods.

I was referring to Baboon, who has called me a liar. You have simply implied it. 

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I said that labeling anyone not extreme left a fascist is stupid.

I think you mean 'middle left' aka Globalists.

I'm 'extreme left' (Marxist) and they all call me a fascist as well.

Sadly, the general population don't know the true works of the great man Karl Marx.

If they don't want to redistribute land owned by Royalty/RSPB/National Trust/Church/State/etc., to the people, I ain't gonna vote for them.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well yes, I personally want the Tories to go full term and stew in the mess of their own making.

do you mean 2025.... ouchchchhh that will hurt but,  they did wanted Brexit and have to suffer some of  the consequences555

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1