New Zealand biker arrested in Thailand for running drugs racket -  he opened businesses in Phuket with Thai wife

webfact

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:
On 10/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, Berkshire said:

Where on Earth did you ever get that idea?  Thais are arrested all the time for drug trafficking.

Really. IIRC, there's a convicted drug felon who is a Thai government minister.

You remember incorrectly.

There is no "convicted drug felon" who is a government minister, the person that you probably refer to was arrested, convicted and was sentenced to six years jail in Australia.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 hours ago, seedy said:

So ... Guilty until proven innocent is the way to go ?

I am talking about all bikies.

These overgrown kids are advertising the fact that they are outlaws.

We don't want them here, especially in areas like Hua Hin, Pattaya, they probably fit in quite nicely with the Chelsea Headhunters and Russian mafia. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I am talking about all bikies.

These overgrown kids are advertising the fact that they are outlaws.

We don't want them here, especially in areas like Hua Hin, Pattaya, they probably fit in quite nicely with the Chelsea Headhunters and Russian mafia. 

"We" - who, pray tell, is this mythical We ...

People with biased opinions based on what a person wears, the people they associate with ?

What is next - "We" do not want people of color, or of this religion, ...

You never answered the question I posed in the post you replied to ...

You are 'Guilty' because of ...

The people you associate with (Hello Joseph McCarthy)

The length of your hair

The color of your skin

The music you listen to

The beliefs you hold

Makes no difference if you are charged with any crime, or had your day in court, or are found not guilty ...

All of the above fit right in with the Yahoos who banned 'Bikie' colors in the Land Down Under.

Do posters EVER read what they write before hitting the 'Submit Reply' ?

Carry this a step further "people holding Australian passports have been found to break the law. Let's BAN all Australians"

Edited by seedy
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, seedy said:

People with biased opinions based on what a person wears, the people they associate with ?

What question is that?

"we' I mean Thai people, nothing mythical about it. Just like Australian people don't want the colors of bikie gangs and banned them, we should do the same. 

15 minutes ago, seedy said:

His Thai, don't you know. :cheesy:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What question is that?

"we' I mean Thai people, nothing mythical about it.

I did not realize you were a Thai national.

Do you purport to speak for all Thai People ?

If so, politics is-a-calling

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Australian people don't want the colors of bikie gangs and banned them, we should do the same.

Was there a referendum put before the Aus citizens to establish this ?

Or was it a "Let's make the news, get our face out there, and get reelected" political move.

And - most important - it was wrong. As I said before - "Guilty until proven innocent"

Have all 'Bikies' been charged, tried, and found guilty ?

If not, then it is WRONG

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, seedy said:

Or was it a "Let's make the news, get our face out there, and get reelected" political move.

And - most important - it was wrong. As I said before - "Guilty until proven innocent"

If not, then it is WRONG

I agree.  I dont recall the Australian public being asked if the want 'colours' or not.  But then again the people's opinions have no place in Australian democracy it has been shown.

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

I agree.  I dont recall the Australian public being asked if the want 'colours' or not.  But then again the people's opinions have no place in Australian democracy it has been shown.

It is sad that the people of Aus did not step up and be heard of this flagrant failure of the Judicial process. Just another example - from many countries around the world - of the "If it does not affect me I don't care" outlook on life.

And slowly everybody's rights and freedom are eroded.

3 hours ago, seedy said:

If not, then it is WRONG

I've no idea actually, I assumed they did, Democracy and all that. I think it is wrong, unless the gang is obviously a criminal one.  Maybe the Hell's Angel should be allowed to wear their colours in Thailand, as anyone else should. What would the Angels say if I wore their colours? lol, I doubt they would say anyone has the right to wear what they want! 

I met a bunch of Confederates bikies at a Port Ferry festival once, decent blokes. My brother-in-law owned a nightclub in Melbourne with a senior bikie, my sister helped a patient recover from a gunshot - he was the head of a bikie gang and she said he was very nice, mind you so was Tony Soprano lol. 

I shared a flat in Scotland with a 1%er, who was a really nice guy, It was only after he moved out that I found out if he had been arrested for dealing Class A drugs(on a  large scale), I'm the one who would have gone down, being my flat and all. A great guy, always very generous with his dope, and never in any scraps when we went out. However, his mates were hardcore and I had been in a fight with one previously when I was a punk. Most the ones I met and who came to my flat had all done time in prison. The one who lived there was given 3 years in Perth jail 9 months later, could easily have been me, but again a really nice guy. 

So, you are right, they shouldn't be able to ban all colours in Oz, but I don't think foreigners here should be able to show the colours of famous outlaw gangs, after having insight into some of these gangs. Most Thais don't realize the truth about them. 

To paraphrase ...

First they came for the Bikies, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Bikie

This is the point I was trying to convey. The beginning of a slippery slope when you start to blanket ban anything.

In another country it has gotten so far out of hand that they stormed the Capitol - rioting Right Wingers attempting to declare a democratic election invalid. Attempt to seize the Vice President.

Look at the rise of Fascists around the world.

This is dangerous for all, and it all starts with such a small step that the majority of people are unfazed about.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:04 AM, VillageIdiot said:

The term "biker" goes back to the founding of the Hells Angels in the late '40s, and the big hit movie The Wild One starring Marlon Brando in 1953.

Where the Aussies got the name "bikie" from, I don't know.

16663188794993139256145545251995.jpg.3b20bfbb8fb51558f52ce39a43eb1d59.jpg

The word “bikie” was probably first heard on a school playground.

It has a childish ring to it.

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2022 at 4:05 PM, Neeranam said:

Most Thais don't realize the truth about them. 

Being 1% myself for many years, I can 100% tell you that neither do you!  

If you really are Thai as you insinuate, you should look closer to home? Various eastern block mafias, the BiB and a lot of your own countrymen/women to start?

Also, if you want to ban 1% clubs in Thailand full stop, you should start with the Thai MCs? They really have the power in the MC world here. I can tell you that the big farang clubs are only allowed a presence out of courtesy and could be shut down by them at any time they so wished?

On 10/22/2022 at 2:43 AM, seedy said:

It is sad that the people of Aus did not step up and be heard of this flagrant failure of the Judicial process. Just another example - from many countries around the world - of the "If it does not affect me I don't care" outlook on life.

And slowly everybody's rights and freedom are eroded.

I doubt any law abiding person would object to banning gang patches, and IMO many would not object if all gangsters were locked up till they died in prison.

Perhaps Australian bikies are not as bad as NZ ones given the apparent desire to give them a pass on their criminal activities.

20 hours ago, seedy said:

To paraphrase ...

First they came for the Bikies, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Bikie

This is the point I was trying to convey. The beginning of a slippery slope when you start to blanket ban anything.

In another country it has gotten so far out of hand that they stormed the Capitol - rioting Right Wingers attempting to declare a democratic election invalid. Attempt to seize the Vice President.

Look at the rise of Fascists around the world.

This is dangerous for all, and it all starts with such a small step that the majority of people are unfazed about.

I refuse to be exercised about criminals being targeted. If it is a slippery slope to remove criminals from society, I can live with that.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I doubt any law abiding person would object to banning gang patches, and IMO many would not object if all gangsters were locked up till they died in prison.

Perhaps Australian bikies are not as bad as NZ ones given the apparent desire to give them a pass on their criminal activities.

By definition - if they do not object then they are non 'law abiding'

You are happy with locking up people without due process ?

And that is law abiding ?

On 10/20/2022 at 3:27 PM, gomangosteen said:

Why? No alleged crime here other than the overstay.

Suggest they'd be happy to see the FBI take him back to USA to face the racketeering charges. 

Though he'll have the $ resources to prolong the process.

OP states he was " caught with plenty of evidence", i.e. crimes committed on Thai soil.

On 10/20/2022 at 2:39 PM, kuzmabruk said:

Is this information that was provided to you by the Thai police or are you getting this information from InterPol?  Either way I am impressed that you are allowed to share it with us. 

Could be easily inferred from the relatively frequent reports.

7 hours ago, seedy said:

By definition - if they do not object then they are non 'law abiding'

You are happy with locking up people without due process ?

And that is law abiding ?

Who said anything about  "without due process"? Make it a criminal offense, similar to Nazi regalia laws in Germany, and people wearing "colours" of known outlaw organizations can then be arrested, prosecuted, and subject to prescribed punishent.

I think I know why he confessed to overstay; I believe  "considerable evidence" implies drugs, which could lead to a death sentence in LOS, usually commuted to life imprisonment, but I suspect he'd prefer the accomodations in a US or Kiwi prison.

Edited by Kwaibill