Bangkok retains long held crown as ‘Best Leisure City in the Asia-Pacific’ from Business Traveller Asia-Pacific readers

webfact

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have not been a fan of Thai air for well over a decade. Multiple poor experiences, poor service, and slow baggage handling. They are NOT a superior airline. Not even close to top 20, in my opinion. 

I agree but Thai Smile is pretty good as a budget airline for short flights. 

My company use to discuss awards and sponsor the events for a wide array of unread magazines. They would then create awards that only we would win. 

What the hell is a 'Leisure City' anyway....?

If 60% of the awards marks comes from how many Thai bar girls you can f##k, the level of Som Tam consumption and the proliferation of Shrimp Buffet's it's easy for Bangkok to win it.

• Haha 1

Bangkok only gets so many visitors because it is a transit point. Many of the people that go through Bangkok are just in transit to another country, and just stop off for a day or so to sample the flesh pots of Nana and Soi Sowboy etc. I personally avoid Bangkok as much as possible and never go there in the rainy season when it is under water a lot of the time. 

Edited by johncat1

A leisure city, eh? Sounds like a euphemism for a city where everyone's unemployed.

Las Vegas is number 1 for unemployment in the US at 9% according to USA by Numbers, speaking of publications that perhaps no one reads, so I vote for Vegas.

Last time i checked, as an American citizen I'm not required to know where Vegas or anything is, but its not too far from Southeast Asia is it? Well certainly on a galactic scale its not so far anyway, sheesh, lets not get persnicketty.