Bangkok retains long held crown as ‘Best Leisure City in the Asia-Pacific’ from Business Traveller Asia-Pacific readers

webfact

1 hour ago, finnomick1 said:

Business Traveller Asia Pacific, so prestigious no-one's ever heard of it.....

Have business travelers in the Asia Pacific never heard of it? How would you know?

Presumably the average baked-beans-on-toast monger working as hod carrier in the UK or retired from bricklaying hasn't. Waddling around on Sukhumvit at night, such always smugly assures us he knows "better places" while citing some "issue" from a low street perspective, mainly for trolling purposes. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I am surprised it was not voted #1, by Really important backyards of SE Asia Magazine. 

Just the fact that Thai Air was voted #3 is suspect. EVA, All Nippon Air, Cathay and Singapore Air are vastly superior to Thai. 

Singapore Airlines was ranked #1, Cathay Pacific was #2. I haven't flown Thai in a while, but was very pleased the times I did, both long haul and short haul.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is pleased to report that Bangkok has been voted the ‘Best Leisure City in the Asia-Pacific’ for the sixth consecutive time in the prestigious Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards 2022,

Yeah okay...

• Like 1

Bangkok is indeed the best city. I can't think of anywhere I would rather live.

Sydney used to push it close, before it devolved into a police state reminiscent of something out of Orwell's 1984.

Bangkok has great restaurants, great hotels, great "nightlife", great parks, reasonable cost of living. Pattaya, Rayong, Hua Hin, Kanchanaburi only a couple of hours away. Eye candy everywhere. Fantastic place.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Bangkok is indeed the best city. I can't think of anywhere I would rather live.

Sydney used to push it close, before it devolved into a police state reminiscent of something out of Orwell's 1984.

Bangkok has great restaurants, great hotels, great "nightlife", great parks, reasonable cost of living. Pattaya, Rayong, Hua Hin, Kanchanaburi only a couple of hours away. Eye candy everywhere. Fantastic place.

Yes why these folks whinging?

Such hatred of some posters on here. With such hatred for English /Foreigners why read Thai visa? As for if your not happy leave well many do.  In the 20 years I have lived and visited Thailand only one friend remains. Derogatory comments about hod carrying waddling, bar stool English expats shows such hatred and racism.  People in the building trade in the uk can make vast some of money as do many who decide to live in Thailand.  Throwing £20,000+ into a thai bank basically not to be used is not chump change....

5 hours ago, BigStar said:

Have business travelers in the Asia Pacific never heard of it? How would you know?

Presumably the average baked-beans-on-toast monger working as hod carrier in the UK or retired from bricklaying hasn't. Waddling around on Sukhumvit at night, such always smugly assures us he knows "better places" while citing some "issue" from a low street perspective, mainly for trolling purposes. 

I am a long time business traveller and have never heard of it . Have you even read this publication? Or are you just trolling ?!

im in bangkok next week- would you join me in a survey on sukhumvit to see how many bricklayers and hod carriers are there? 
Obnoxious class sterotyping at its worst - have a super day 

• Haha 1

Bangkok is best everything isnt it? lol!

(psssssst!  my laptop is in for repairs and I am having to use an old pc that doesnt have an ad blocker.  My God what a mess, so claustrophobic drowning in ads, jumping at me from everywhere......I must ring computer shop, I want my laptop back.......now!)

1 minute ago, ThaiFelix said:

Bangkok is best everything isnt it? lol!

(psssssst!  my laptop is in for repairs and I am having to use an old pc that doesnt have an ad blocker.  My God what a mess, so claustrophobic drowning in ads, jumping at me from everywhere......I must ring computer shop, I want my laptop back.......now!)

I can hear boots in the hallway now, they are coming to..................................................

5 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

Singapore Airlines was ranked #1, Cathay Pacific was #2. I haven't flown Thai in a while, but was very pleased the times I did, both long haul and short haul.

I have not been a fan of Thai air for well over a decade. Multiple poor experiences, poor service, and slow baggage handling. They are NOT a superior airline. Not even close to top 20, in my opinion.