Baht bus prices

Sqoop

10 Baht but don't pay with a bank note... This 10 and 20 Baht fare we had for a while does obviously not exist anymore. I now always pay with one 10 Baht coin and never had a problem. 

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

10 baht, if you want can check bus is going to Klang

Or try something different to start off your day as you enjoy their smile when you give them 20 baht for taking you all the way from soi 9 jomtien to terminal 21, which they will do  for 10 baht (pre-covid 20 baht was the cost as you had to switch bus at 2nd road)

• Like 2

It's 10 baht all the way to Pattaya North road.

However

It's always 10 baht to Pattaya Klang but a minority of drivers will demand 20 going to North so just pay it without protest.

If a bus is very empty especially if you're the only passenger yes its polite to pay 20 but not required. 

Of  course once past Pattaya Tai they might not continue on 2nd so when that happens pay the 10 and continue by walking or a new bus.

BBQ

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Baht bus from Jomtien used to stop at start of 2nd road for 10 baht and you'd have to get another to go to central

This year the jomtien baht bus seem to just keep going down 2nd road. I've paid 10 baht, no problem, sometimes I give them 20 just because I'm happy they didn't dump me off

I think if you continue beyond Klang it would be a 20 baht fare... but driver dependent....

With that construction on 2nd now are the busses still going that far.?.... Might as well get off at South Rd as being a pedestrian could be faster. 

Off topic posts and replies have been removed, please stop trying to hijack the topic to your agenda,  see the topic title and reply within the question, anything else is is off topic trolling:

Baht bus prices

I took a non bar lady , a hairdressing salon owner, from Bangkok to Pattaya , she had never been, and while there I sent her for a facial  to a beauty therapist in Mike's SC. She said she would have no problem getting back to he hotel.

Hours later she arrived back in the room all sweaty and bothered . She ended up on 3 different Baht Buses getting lost and confused . It is a 10 minute walk from the hotel to Mike's.
 I should have known better as she could not negotiate the BTS in Bangkok and would regularly go in the wrong direction ! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, terryofcrete said:

I took a non bar lady , a hairdressing salon owner, from Bangkok to Pattaya , she had never been, and while there I sent her for a facial  to a beauty therapist in Mike's SC. She said she would have no problem getting back to he hotel.

Hours later she arrived back in the room all sweaty and bothered . She ended up on 3 different Baht Buses getting lost and confused . It is a 10 minute walk from the hotel to Mike's.
 I should have known better as she could not negotiate the BTS in Bangkok and would regularly go in the wrong direction ! 

You "sent her"? 

On 10/21/2022 at 9:12 AM, aussiexpat said:

Baht bus from Jomtien used to stop at start of 2nd road for 10 baht and you'd have to get another to go to central

This year the jomtien baht bus seem to just keep going down 2nd road. I've paid 10 baht, no problem, sometimes I give them 20 just because I'm happy they didn't dump me off

Going to Jomtien, the journey was broken at Pattaya Tai but return journeys always went straight up second road.
Always 10 Baht. Generally 20 Baht if you go beyond Terminal 21.
Another 20 Baht ride is if you use the White Baht Bus down Suhkumvit Road to Bang Amphur. Amazing Value, I'm inclined to pay a little extra.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Ok boomer ????????

What's with the "boomer" bit? I am a boomer as in the post WWll baby boom. Doesn't affect my usage of songteaws. Great drivers from Bang Sare would sometimes back down my street to pick me up if they saw me hobbling along with my cane. 30 baht to ride to Pattaya bus station.

Only reason I  don't use them now is I have moved to Bang Pli and haven't figured out the routes yet, and my wife would prefer to drive me.