Tour bus catches on fire after tire explosion in Samut Songkram

snoop1130

4-58-1024x577-1-696x392.jpeg

About 21 passengers ran for their lives after a tire of a tour bus on the Ratchathani-Phuket route reportedly exploded on Rama 2 road in the early hours of Friday morning, October 21st, causing the bus to catch on fire.

Officials from the Yi San sub-district Police Station and firefighters arrived at the scene in the Amphawa district of Samut Songkram province around 4:30 A.M. after being notified of the explosion incident. Upon arrival, dozens of passengers were seen fleeing from the vehicle as an NGV gas tank was engulfed in flames under the bus.

Firefighters spent about 45 minutes to extinguish the fire. No injuries and deaths were reported.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/21/tour-bus-heading-to-phuket-catches-on-fire-after-tire-explosion-in-samut-songkram-21-passengers-run-for-their-lives/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how a burst tyre can catch fire and engulf a bus

Interesting question and evidently yes, if the tyre burst after catching on fire:-

Reference - Bengaluru India (2013);-

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/bus-tyre-bursts-sparks-off-a-fire/articleshow/19118164.cms

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

a burst tyre

a burst TIRE....................the first question is, how did the tire burst???????    Maybe because someone had a flamethrower on the tire???  perhaps not my good Watson, maybe shot the tire with a bazooka?  I think not Sherlock.....

on a bicycle, brake, heat up the rim, boom boom sha lack a ding dong boom boom

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

a burst TIRE....................the first question is, how did the tire burst???????    Maybe because someone had a flamethrower on the tire???  perhaps not my good Watson, maybe shot the tire with a bazooka?  I think not Sherlock.....

on a bicycle, brake, heat up the rim, boom boom sha lack a ding dong boom boom

Up the medication...

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Interesting question and evidently yes, if the tyre burst after catching on fire:-

Reference - Bengaluru India (2013);-

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bengaluru/bus-tyre-bursts-sparks-off-a-fire/articleshow/19118164.cms

Okay got it... brake system overheated causing the tyre to catch fire and engulfing the bus..

Sounds like a lack of maintenance again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dragging shoe, failed spring, fluid weep/leak into frass from shoe material. Heat above autoignition temp with fluid dampened frass ( very high surface area, low heat removal, plenty added heat = same as varnish rag ignition in trash bucket) can do it.

Tire overexpands from heat and blows off. Applying brakes to stop adds more heat rapidly…..