Unaffiliated Rooster has never voted - but reserves the right to speak up

webfact

On 10/22/2022 at 3:15 PM, BritManToo said:

What if you don't want any of them to get in? For example Hillary Vs Trump, Boris Vs Teresa, Cameron Vs Corbyn, Macron Vs Le Pen .......

Simple, BM2. You Spoil your ballot. That's akin to saying, 'NONE OF THE ABOVE.' One shouldn't really complain about a government unless they participated in the election process. There are plenty of non-voters bitching about the Brexit disaster. Well, if they'd got off their big fat flabby backsides and made their mark on the day, then perhaps it would never have happened.

"Also show me an election where it comes down to one vote. Even Bush beat Gore by more than that didn’t he?"

"Though Gore came in second in the electoral vote, he received 543,895 more popular votes than Bush, making him the first person since Grover Cleveland in 1888 to win the popular vote but lose in the Electoral College." (wikipedia)

In the last 30 years Republican Presidential candidates have only won popular vote once (Bush in 2004)

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Except they won't know it is a repeat, not knowing history and all that...

You don't like to vote but you think somehow free speech is a right that can't be taken way. Look around where you are living... have it here? I don't think so

2 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

So Rishi Sunak (or Rishi the Hound in Thai) gets Charles's nod. No place for Boris in the inner sanctum.....yet. Westminster continues to fascinate thru the week.

Regards and thanks for reading, 

Rooster

If you don't vote, why post political comments?

2 hours ago, Freed1948 said:

If you don't vote, why post political comments?

I assume from your tone that you do vote/have voted, yes?

Well, once you've voted, you've already had your say. Your guy is going to win......... or.......... your guy is going to lose. 

But once you've cast your ballot, any "political comments" you may choose to make afterwards......... are pointless. You've ALREADY  had your say!

Nothing you say after can make even the slightest bit of difference in anything that happens next! Your part in the decision-making process......... is done!

So I wonder.......

Do you continue making "political comments" AFTER you've cast your ballot? Why? 

I mean, wouldn't your post-voting  "political comments" be as worthless as you imply a non-voter's views would be? Once you've voted, you're done! How can you possibly believe you have anything left to contribute?

Or.............

Maybe whether a person votes or not............. is a separate issue. 

See, the simple fact is, voting no more makes one entitled  to offer political commentary.......... than not voting somehow limits one to silence!

Seems to me, someone who has already cast their ballot.......... has already used up all their political capital! Why should anyone have to suffer through their continuing "political comments," then?

lol

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy

22 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

I assume from your tone that you do vote/have voted, yes?

Well, once you've voted, you've already had your say. Your guy is going to win......... or.......... your guy is going to lose. 

But once you've cast your ballot, any "political comments" you may choose to make afterwards......... are pointless. You've ALREADY  had your say!

Nothing you say after can make even the slightest bit of difference in anything that happens next! Your part in the decision-making process......... is done!

So I wonder.......

Do you continue making "political comments" AFTER you've cast your ballot? Why? 

I mean, wouldn't your post-voting  "political comments" be as worthless as you imply a non-voter's views would be? Once you've voted, you're done! How can you possibly believe you have anything left to contribute?

Or.............

Maybe whether a person votes or not............. is a separate issue. 

See, the simple fact is, voting no more makes one entitled  to offer political commentary.......... than not voting somehow limits one to silence!

Seems to me, someone who has already cast their ballot.......... has already used up all their political capital! Why should anyone have to suffer through their continuing "political comments," then?

lol

I've no idea what you are on about and I seriously think that neither do you.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Rooster, after a couple of paragraphs I voted with my feet, a shame if there was stuff further down more interesting than politics (not difficult) but as politicians often do, you also killed my interest in the early stages of your dialogue