'A madness has taken hold’ ahead of U.S. midterms: local election officials fear for safety

onthedarkside

Mail votes will always be a problem.

Especially when the are the opposite to the in-person votes.

I prefer a system where votes are made locally, in person on bits of paper, and the box gets opened and counted there and then in front of anyone who wants to watch.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Suffice to say that the political system is flawed and the victors leave a lot to be desired, both in terms of character and competence. They should take a leaf out of some other more successful countries like Taiwan or Singapore.

To be fair, Singapore was what Trump had in mind.  Turning the leadership into a family dynasty - as a step towards going full North Korea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Too much opportunity to cheat with post and computer.

In person or not at all IMHO.

Whenever someone insists that it is easy to fraudulently vote by mail I challenge them to explain how they would do it and get away with it.  They always go quiet.

The voting machines are not connected to the internet.  Every audit of the results and manual recount of paper ballots confirm the results of the machines. 

If all ballots are counted manually it would take days to get the results, and the conspiracy theorists would be crying "fraud" all the while.

The rare instances of people caught voting illegally proves that such voter fraud is rare.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Based on your previous posts I'm surprised you don't mention Russia as a shining example of a successful country.....:coffee1:

I didn’t mention Russia because I don’t think it’s a successful country. I did a lot of business there and saw clearly its shortcomings.

In fact, I don’t think many western countries are successful. Even America is fairing worse than Thailand with a lower growth. As de-dollarisation continues and if the petrodollar is substituted, then America’s hegemony will be ended. 

Shining examples will be found in the rest of the world, especially Asia. Even Laos, one of the world’s poorest countries, is expected to post over 4% growth in 2022, in a large part due to China’s BRI. 

7 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I didn’t mention Russia because I don’t think it’s a successful country. I did a lot of business there and saw clearly its shortcomings.

In fact, I don’t think many western countries are successful. Even America is fairing worse than Thailand with a lower growth. As de-dollarisation continues and if the petrodollar is substituted, then America’s hegemony will be ended. 

Shining examples will be found in the rest of the world, especially Asia. Even Laos, one of the world’s poorest countries, is expected to post over 4% growth in 2022, in a large part due to China’s BRI. 

It's virtually always the case extreme for extreme examples of government mismanagement that less developed economies grow more rapidly than fully developed ones. The reasons for this are obvious.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's virtually always the case extreme for extreme examples of government mismanagement that less developed economies grow more rapidly than fully developed ones. The reasons for this are obvious.

I meant to write:

It's virtually always the case except for extreme examples of government mismanagement that less developed economies grow more rapidly than fully developed ones. The reasons for this are obvious.

• Like 2