Elon Musk's Twitter roils with hate speech as trolls test new limits

onthedarkside

'It's total chaos': Elon Musk to start Twitter layoffs within hours - and offices are closed

Twitter employees are finding out whether they are being laid off today - one week after Elon Musk's takeover.

Those who are losing their jobs will receive a message to their personal email address, while employees staying on will get an email to their work account.

"If you are in an office or on your way to an office, please return home," it added.

Brutal ^

• Like 2

Musk becoming ever more hyperbolic and hysterical as his tw*tter takeover problems mount. 

“The firings came as Musk tweeted that the company had experienced “a massive drop in revenue, due to activist groups pressuring advertisers, even though nothing has changed with content moderation and we did everything we could to appease the activists. Extremely messed up! They’re trying to destroy free speech in America.”

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/nov/04/twitter-layoffs-elon-musk-revenue-drop?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

#whatonearthwereyouthinking

Edited by Bluespunk
Untidy sentence cleared up.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2022 at 6:20 PM, Bluespunk said:

The world is full of filth just looking for any opportunity to spew their vile hatred, bigotry and foul prejudices. 

Scum. 

I can't help but smile whenever I see BMs who race to be the first to respond with words such as filth, vile, and sign off with "Scum." ..... while apparently objecting to "hatred."

Absolutely Brilliant!

Edited by Atlantis
apostrophe grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to Al Jazeera this morning, Musk is planing to sack half the staff and advertisers are leaving in droves.

I wonder if the first thing he did when taking control was to sack the managers as revenge for going to court to force him to buy it? I wonder if they thought it through when going to court?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I can't help but smile whenever I see BMs who race to be the first to respond with words such as filth, vile, and sign off with "Scum." ..... while apparently objecting to "hatred."

Absolutely Brilliant!

I don’t hate such scum, I just like to be accurate when describing filth who promote hatred.

Oh and there was no race to respond to anything, just responding accurately to bigotry and those reporting it or defending it…

BMs?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Credo said:

He is a horrible human being.  The only thing lower than firing people by email is firing them by tweet.  I am sure the majority of people go to work each day and implement the policies set forth by the company.  I suspect most don't have a lot of say in what those policies are.  

Don't the majority of the work force work from home?

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

happy to

Twitter reportedly has about 1,500 employees who work remotely full-time. 

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/11/report-musk-to-lay-off-50-of-twitter-staff-reverse-work-from-home-policy/

Where's your link?

Now go back to whom I first responded and follow it through. If so many work from home getting let go by email isn't so strange.

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

Now go back to whom I first responded and follow it through. If so many work from home getting let go by email isn't so strange.

You said the majority work at home, you said you googled it. You are wrong and not suprislingly can't even admit it

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You said the majority work at home, you said you googled it. You are wrong and not suprislingly can't even admit it

Some work from home full time and some part time from home. Your link doesn't disprove what I said, 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

I don’t hate such scum, I just like to be accurate when describing filth who promote hatred.

Oh and there was no race to respond to anything, just responding accurately to bigotry and those reporting it or defending it…

BMs?

supporting 

not reporting