Can crypto end world hunger and solve the 1% problem?

onebaht

52 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

The police would shut it down. The politicians control the police.

But technically, could it work?

Because then we have much bigger problems than the police shutting something down.

It would be an aknowledgement that everyone is slaves under control of the world financial industry who control governments.

So if it's theoretically possible to end world hunger, let's expose the world for not wanting to help people.

50 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Judging by prior posts and this one you might want to reconsider your drug usage. You'd see immediately that this can't work for a plethora of reasons starting with the impossibility of just distributing coins amongst people fairly without governments. You are essentially talking about Universal Basic Income but in a more complicated and impossible to implement way.

I already know how to distribute the coins fairly, but thanks for being an EVNEG on the world.

We need 49% of you.

short answer is no and the longer answer is this is one of the most nonsensical post in a while. there are so many reasons it wouldn't and couldn't work it not worth the time or trouble to explain them since you seem to no little to nothing about how economies or governments operate.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dan O said:

short answer is no and the longer answer is this is one of the most nonsensical post in a while. there are so many reasons it wouldn't and couldn't work it not worth the time or trouble to explain them since you seem to no little to nothing about how economies or governments operate.

haha ok, well i guess you don't need to explain then.

*Don O wipes sweat from forehead*

1 hour ago, onebaht said:

I already know how to distribute the coins fairly, but thanks for being an EVNEG on the world.

We need 49% of you.

Please explain how to do the fair distribution, that would be an amazing breakthrough and solve many problems thousands of extremely smart people haven't figured out yet.

No idea what an EVNEG is.

52 minutes ago, onebaht said:

haha ok, well i guess you don't need to explain then.

*Don O wipes sweat from forehead*

No sweat from me. Even if explain it based on the initial OP negates your ability to grasp the concepts of currencies or world govt interaction 

3 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No sweat from me. Even if explain it based on the initial OP negates your ability to grasp the concepts of currencies or world govt interaction 

You sure do post a lot about how much you're not going to post.

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Why not just kill all the rich people and redistribute their wealth?  Then put the people in charge?

Or we could just tell Putin to press the button so we can spread the money between a surviving few.

• Like 1

This idea doesn't take into consideration that you need a sizeable electric grid to drive all those number crunching machines. Currently bitcoin mining uses more electricity than many countries in total. To move 99% of population on your crypto, you'd need 100s of nuclear or thousands of gas/coal/hydro/etc. powerplants. I guess there is an interest from 99% of the poorest to invest trillions of dollars (in real money, not crypto) to build the power plants? That other 1% can shut down any attempt at doing that. Unless you have a trillion in your pocket. With that you can probably end global hunger by yourself.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Nope just responding to your comments to me. Don't want a reply then don't post    pretty simple concept 

In theory, not posting wouldn't stop you from replying.

Like I could stop posting now, but I couldn't stop you from replying, right?

8 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

This idea doesn't take into consideration that you need a sizeable electric grid to drive all those number crunching machines. Currently bitcoin mining uses more electricity than many countries in total. To move 99% of population on your crypto, you'd need 100s of nuclear or thousands of gas/coal/hydro/etc. powerplants. I guess there is an interest from 99% of the poorest to invest trillions of dollars (in real money, not crypto) to build the power plants? That other 1% can shut down any attempt at doing that. Unless you have a trillion in your pocket. With that you can probably end global hunger by yourself.

Okay that's first great point I've heard.

Maybe quantum processing will help with things in a few years.

7 minutes ago, onebaht said:

In theory, not posting wouldn't stop you from replying.

Like I could stop posting now, but I couldn't stop you from replying, right?

You post a comment to me but expect me to not reply.  Don't post to me and I wont reply to you. It's not rocket science  

Mate, just stop. You're not bringing anything new to the table. You've taken the concept Universal Basic Income, changed "fiat currency" to "crypto currency", and are now claiming you've "thought of something". You haven't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onebaht said:

On a country level, you could just replace current wealth for % of coins in X country.

Give everyone a equal share of coins (let's say 10,000) and you have to exchange your current wealth for rest with everyone else.

Houses, land, paintings, cars, and everything else would fall into line.

First couple of people would need to decide what their coins are worth in exchange for other things (maybe governments can help) then it would balance out after a period of time.

Hardest thing would be deciding which countries get which percentage (land mass as % of world, current population as % of world, GDP etc)

But get teams from each country and you can think of something, negotiate for things.

I understand it's not perfect, but a start is better than nothing.

It's better than saying we won't try to end world hunger and debt because it's really really hard to distribute everything.

Also debt could be wiped off immediately because it doesn't exist anyway.

Imagine how good people and countries would feel after a few bumpy years.

Give me a good reason why i should share my wealth with you.

Any idea how long it would take to assess 8 billion people's financial status? 

4 hours ago, onebaht said:

Give everyone a equal share of coins (let's say 10,000)

You didn't explain how to do that.

4 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

We are long past the POW blockchain requirement of gobbling up electricity. We can run crypto with virtually zero electricity usage. Biggest one being the Ethereum chain now.

11 hours ago, onebaht said:

I think Dan O is hinting at mining Helium-3 from the moon to create enough energy for the crypto.

Great shout on the rocket science, Dan.

Your lack of spatial thinking is quite evident and you seem to need to rebut replies you solicit just to try to redeem yourself. You don't want me to reply to your comments directed to me then stop writing them     is that simple enough for you to grasp