Chiang Mai nightlife

heybruce

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Tennis? Golf? Ww2 history? Roman history? US politics?

30yo Thai women have next to nothing in common with 60yo farangs apart from travel, beer, food and sex.

Ha! Total stereo typing. Most of what I’m talking about here are well educated and have good jobs. But if for those hanging out at the bars and with with beggars, then one will definitely have a different perspective. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, novacova said:

Ha! Total stereo typing. Most of what I’m talking about here are well educated and have good jobs. But if for those hanging out at the bars and with with beggars, then one will definitely have a different perspective. 

So still no answers. Nice deflection. Well educated 555

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

So still no answers. Nice deflection. Well educated 555

Sorry, I have no debased answers to offer here or anywhere. And absolutely no advice on life. 

Edited by novacova

Just now, novacova said:

Sorry, I have no debased answers to offer here or anywhere. 

I just want to know the topics discussed. Are you discussing the merits of linear regression versus bollinger band breakouts? The progress of artificial intelligence?

Or is it Lady Gaga songs?

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I just want to know the topics discussed. Are you discussing the merits of linear regression versus bollinger band breakouts? The progress of artificial intelligence?

Or is it Lady Gaga songs?

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do take quite an interests in stars and planets and the universe and its formation and things , the big bang 13 Billion years ago and Planet Earth travelling though space at 67 000 miles per hour . 

I did mention it as a conversation starter with a local lady .

She looked up at the moon for a few seconds , looked at me and said "Does anyone live up there" and pointed to the moon .

Didn't really have an in-depth discussion about that topic

Why so desperate and defensive? Is it a social issue?

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is quite a sad existence and approaching being a weirdo , especially for guys who are teachers and they are looking for pupil aged girls 

So ... if you were a plumber, or an accountant, then it would be OK ? 555

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Seen most of Thailand. It seems you havent asking questions on how to meet Thais. Most Thai women want a bf or husband or kid or financial security. They dont want random farang friends. They dont have anything into common.

This was my view today from "non" Thailand

20221111_130832.jpg

"It seems you havent asking questions on how to meet Thais. "

Wow!  You really haven't read any of my posts, or the title of this topic.  Where did I ask how to meet Thais?

6 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Tennis? Golf? Ww2 history? Roman history? US politics?

30yo Thai women have next to nothing in common with 60yo farangs apart from travel, beer, food and sex.

After 6 years of marriage with a much younger Thai lady I must admit it was nice to talk to people of my own age and have an actual conversation about stuff that was part of my world without running the risk of seeming boring or out of touch. But talking to young Thais can be fun too - no politics, no old music discussions, none of the same preconceived biases etc.

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I really wouldn't want to experience that aspect of life , being an older guy in Asia wandering around the streets at night  looking for a younger female to have a friendship with (not sexual of course, cough -cough) .

That is quite a sad existence and approaching being a weirdo , especially for guys who are teachers and they are looking for pupil aged girls 

A guy just wants somewhere to have a drink and a laugh and you're distorting it and making it seem weird.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But why doesn't he want to have a drink and a laugh with a fat chunky women ?

Why does she have to be young and pretty and slim ?

I'll let him speak for himself but the key words was she 'latched' on to him .. you know when you are doing your thing and someone who you don't find interesting attaches themselves to you, possibly to get a customer, and you don't want it and it becomes boring.

• Thanks 1

Nightlife in our fair city. Cum on.

My younger days late 70s and 80s where spent in BKK, now their was Nightlife there back then. Not had a night out in BKK since 04 and was traveling back to Dom Muang when the Tidal wave hit.

CM had a its nightlife when I came in 01 and Old Hands could tell tales that where for Young Pups unbelievable.

I have said for years that BKK died in the 90s as the bars went from Thai run bars often owned by Mamasan, to the fancy Yank rip offs Los Vagas style, just money making operations for Frang Interests and minimum concern for the Young Maidens. The Old Style Mama cared about her staff, not just money makers but Daughters Thai Style.

My nightlife, boozing days are long gone and all yous can make the most of todays Thai Nightlife.

john

Heard some quite terrible tales on CM of old.

PS Dont bother answering my Rant.

5 hours ago, jonwilly said:

Nightlife in our fair city. Cum on.

My younger days late 70s and 80s where spent in BKK, now their was Nightlife there back then. Not had a night out in BKK since 04 and was traveling back to Dom Muang when the Tidal wave hit.

CM had a its nightlife when I came in 01 and Old Hands could tell tales that where for Young Pups unbelievable.

I have said for years that BKK died in the 90s as the bars went from Thai run bars often owned by Mamasan, to the fancy Yank rip offs Los Vagas style, just money making operations for Frang Interests and minimum concern for the Young Maidens. The Old Style Mama cared about her staff, not just money makers but Daughters Thai Style.

My nightlife, boozing days are long gone and all yous can make the most of todays Thai Nightlife.

john

Heard some quite terrible tales on CM of old.

PS Dont bother answering my Rant.

I wasn't in Thailand in the 70's and 80's but I understand it was pretty wild.  I agree the hooker bar situation was much better in Bangkok and Chiang Mai twenty years ago, but I'm not looking for hooker bars--I know where they are and they don't have the appeal they once did.

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

I wasn't in Thailand in the 70's and 80's but I understand it was pretty wild.  I agree the hooker bar situation was much better in Bangkok and Chiang Mai twenty years ago, but I'm not looking for hooker bars--I know where they are and they don't have the appeal they once did.

You said you were leaving CM. If you’re retired where are you moving to, if I may be so bold?

Edited by JimTripper

On 11/11/2022 at 9:04 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do take quite an interests in stars and planets and the universe and its formation and things , the big bang 13 Billion years ago and Planet Earth travelling though space at 67 000 miles per hour . 

I did mention it as a conversation starter with a local lady .

She looked up at the moon for a few seconds , looked at me and said "Does anyone live up there" and pointed to the moon .

Didn't really have an in-depth discussion about that topic

You should have asked her if she had any interest in Uranus.

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

You said you were leaving CM. If you’re retired where are you moving to, if I may be so bold?

Family responsibilities (aging mother, younger brother with cancer) forced me to return to the US four years ago.  I have only recently been able to return to Thailand for a six week visit.  For the foreseeable future annual visits to Thailand is all that I can manage.