Chiang Mai nightlife

heybruce

37 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Could you not just have a wander around and have a look ?

CM is a small place and it doesnt take much effort to go and have a look for yourself 

Just how small do you think Chiang Mai is?

Walking around and covering all likely streets and sois is easy in the Nimmanhamin area, and I've done it.

It's more work in the old city, but I've covered a fair amount of that.

Doing so in the maze of streets in Santitham is impractical.  Also, there may be places along the river or ring road that are worth checking, but not on foot.

35 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Just how small do you think Chiang Mai is?

Walking around and covering all likely streets and sois is easy in the Nimmanhamin area, and I've done it.

It's more work in the old city, but I've covered a fair amount of that.

Doing so in the maze of streets in Santitham is impractical.  Also, there may be places along the river or ring road that are worth checking, but not on foot.

What kind of place are you looking for ?

A place that serves beer and has pretty woman to look at and the music not too loud  ?

Any other requirements ?

44 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What kind of place are you looking for ?

A place that serves beer and has pretty woman to look at and the music not too loud  ?

Any other requirements ?

That and good Thai food at Thai prices, and not too many tourists.  The kind of places that my Thai students used to take me too.

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are you looking for a place that students mainly go to , female students ?

Not a place specifically geared towards students, but the kind of lively, affordable place that often attracts students.

Four years ago there was an after-hours place across from WarmUp that was operating illegally in plain sight.  The food selection was limited but it was still a fun place for a late beer and people watching.  Mostly young people, I don't know the ratio of working young to students.

Unfortunately that, like so much else on Nimmanhamin, is closed.  I wouldn't mind finding another place like that.

25 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Not a place specifically geared towards students, but the kind of lively, affordable place that often attracts students.

Four years ago there was an after-hours place across from WarmUp that was operating illegally in plain sight.  The food selection was limited but it was still a fun place for a late beer and people watching.  Mostly young people, I don't know the ratio of working young to students.

Unfortunately that, like so much else on Nimmanhamin, is closed.  I wouldn't mind finding another place like that.

Are you seeking to have a relationship with the students at those places , or would you just be looking ?

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are you seeking to have a relationship with the students at those places , or would you just be looking ?

Why don't you just ask if I'm looking for a place where I can hit on young women?

The answer is no.  I am looking for a place with good food, cold beer, attractive staff and the kind of atmosphere that comes with a lively place with young people.

I am very open to a little back and forth flirting with a pretty a fraction of my age, but I wouldn't expect anything to come of it.

11 minutes ago, Maha Sarakham said:

Have been coming to CM for years and never seen any impressive nightlife outside of Warm-Up and Good View, both of which are mainly frequented by Thai youths.  Definitely not the scene you are looking for.  Would suggest heading down to Bangkok...

Having lived in Chiang Mai for 12 years I know that there were some excellent places for food, beer, eye candy, and a relaxed, fun atmosphere.  Great places to go with friends or solo.  Nimmanhamin used to have several such places, now they're gone.  I have faith that such places are still out there, I just need to find them.

I've been to Bangkok, and it only takes a few days for the crowds, noise, pollution, etc. to get to me.  There is a reason people who live in Chiang Mai don't choose to live in Bangkok.  When the CMU students I taught graduated they all tried to find a job anywhere but Bangkok.

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Why don't you just ask if I'm looking for a place where I can hit on young women?

The answer is no.  I am looking for a place with good food, cold beer, attractive staff and the kind of atmosphere that comes with a lively place with young people.

I am very open to a little back and forth flirting with a pretty a fraction of my age, but I wouldn't expect anything to come of it.

What about if she asked to go and sleep in your place , would you refuse or accept the request ?

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What about if she asked to go and sleep in your place , would you refuse or accept the request ?

If this is your idea of making conversation, I suspect you have very few friends.

Try to stay on-topic and not fantasize about other people's sex lives.

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If this is your idea of making conversation, I suspect you have very few friends.

Try to stay on-topic and not fantasize about other people's sex lives.

I was just wondering why you want to hang round with young students and also going to the same bars which they go to .

You are looking for bars where young people go, that is the topic of this tread .

What exactly are you looking for ?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was just wondering why you want to hang round with young students and also going to the same bars which they go to .

You are looking for bars where young people go, that is the topic of this tread .

Fair questions. 

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

12 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Fair questions. 

I've answered the question repeatedly, most recently just a few posts up. 

If you are not interested in places with good Thai food, beer, pretties and people having fun, you shouldn't be posting on this topic.  Your posts make you seem like judgmental curmudgeons that resent anyone enjoying life.  Is that a fair description of you?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If you are not interested in places with good Thai food, beer, pretties and people having fun, you shouldn't be posting on this topic.  Your posts make you seem like judgmental curmudgeons that resent anyone enjoying life.  Is that a fair description of you?

You didnt answer the question about whether you would enter into a relationship with one of the girls , if you had the opportunity 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I have a gf. She is cute. Im not desperate like you appear to be. If you lived in CM for 12 years and cannot find a gf or a decent bar maybe go look. I could find one in 7 days.

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You didnt answer the question about whether you would enter into a relationship with one of the girls , if you had the opportunity 

And you didn't answer my question regarding you being a judgmental curmudgeon that resents anyone enjoying life.

Look at your post that I replied to.  The one where you asked "What exactly are you looking for ?"  I've answered that repeatedly.

I don't care to share details of my sex-life here, and would prefer that you not do so.  It's nobody's business, is it?