US SSA Form 7161/7162

3 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

This does NOT look like the same form that was mailed to me from America. Where can I get a link to that?

The one in the link Pib posted is a newer revision (2021). I would use that one.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

If you did not receive your monthly Social Security payment this month, your benefits have likely been suspended because we did not receive the annual questionnaire form that was mailed to you.

To reinstate your benefit payments, you will need to print and complete one of the forms listed below.

• If you are a Social Security beneficiary, please complete Form SSA-7162
  • If you are the Representative Payee for a beneficiary, please complete Form SSA-7161

When completing the form, please ensure that you include your complete name, address, contact number, SSN and sign the form. Once signed, mail the completed form to:

Social Security Administration
         ATTN: FEQ
         U.S. Embassy
         1201 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita
         Manila, Philippines 0930

Once we receive the completed form, we will take immediate action to reinstate benefits. Any past due benefits will be directly deposited into your bank account, usually within 7-10 business days. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, Pib said:

Well, after a couple years of the SSA not mailing "Are You Dead or Alive" forms due to the COVID pandemic both the wife and I received a SSA-7162 today/8 July 2022.  We live in Bangkok.  Apparently the SSA is back to mailing the forms on a regular annual basis for us Thailand-based old folks.   Will complete and mail the forms back today.

I've never received the notice since living in Thailand. I only find out when they stop paying into my bank account. Here near Phimai, I get maybe one percent of letters mailed to me. I sure wish I knew what happens to the other 99%. I never got my 1099-R either. Another post for that one.