Chinese Space Junk Falling To Earth On Saturday, 11 Thai Provinces At Risk

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

THAI space agency Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency (GISTDA) warned that a 21.6-ton chunk of China’s Long March 5B-Y4 rocket is on track to fall back to Earth on Saturday Nov. 5 with 11 provinces at risk of being hit although the chances of an impact is just 1.4 percent, Sanook.com and Businessinsider.com said.

Its good to know that Thai GISTDA know exactly ( roughly ) where this piece o Junk that weighs as much as a large Truck is going to impact.

Very scientific from those that are proposing to launch Satellites.

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

Chinese junk has been falling on us for decades but at least it’s always cheap.

Japanese products used to have a reputation as junk.

I can remember decades ago when American space junk fell on us in Western Australia. Before it came down it caused panic in many countries around the world.

Called Skylab, pieces dropped across hundreds of kilometers from the south coast near the town of Esperance. A local won a cash prize offered by a US newspaper for the first piece of the craft delivered to their office. The town fined NASA for littering.

I've viewed pieces of it in a local museum.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I think people that have purchased Chinese cars will live to regret it

Most things made in China fall apart, they are known for poor quality and cheap prices   so why not with cars as well?

They said the same thing about things from Japan until their high quality lower cost cars destroyed the sales of Detroit and European gasoline hogs.  Now Japan is known for its high quality products.

China is on the same track toward high quality manufacturing as Japan was.  This includes an incredibly rapid shift from ICE vehicles to EVs, meanwhile the Japanese, Detroit, and European manufactures, especially the auto manufactures, are suffering from paradigm blindness and falling further and further behind the Chinese.

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Or via Mr. DIY -I had something Chinese basically  fall apart from Mr DIY as walked out of the shop the other week

I have recently bought two items from Mr DIY and can't even turn them on, if the Chinese are not sh!tting on the kerbside, peeing on the airport train, sh!tting in the back of taxis, disgraceful behavior at "all you can eat" buffets, they are selling you top class junk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

I own a chinese made Huawei P30 phone . Best I ever had . Waterproof , good camera etc .

China can produce good or very good quality , if an importer orders this . But the price to pay is higher , of course .

Most importers look to maximize their profits by ordering the cheapest junk .

Many times it is the importers greed that is at fault for cheap quality for the consumer .

Good quality comes at a price .

I bought a Xiaomi Readme note 9 smartphone about 3 years ago, yes it still works, but the torch keeps coming on without warning, and when I leave it on the table with the timing at "never", most times it just moves to somewhere else. Nearly every time I try to change to another feature, the camera comes on.

I paid about 10.000 Bt for this phone because it had the best reports of all the smartphones at that time. What a mistake.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, malathione said:

The difference being that those old Alfas are fun to drive and look good. But yes dang my 60's Alfas need a lot of care! 

My mate bought a brand new one... lovely looker, but it just rotted away under him. Some issue where they were using recycled metal. Broke his heart....

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

My mate bought a brand new one... lovely looker, but it just rotted away under him. Some issue where they were using recycled metal. Broke his heart....

Yeah rust is an issue and the newer ones seem to be even more troublesome than the old ones. Such a pity because, as you say, they look great.