Department Of Alternative Energy Development And Efficiency Promotes Wind Turbine Project

Jai Dee

Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency promotes wind turbine project

The Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency is promoting private sector wind turbine development as an alternative means of energy.

The Director General of the Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency Dr. Panich Pongpirodome (พานิช พงศ์พิโรดม ) reports that his agency aims to promote the installation of wind turbines to produce 110 megawatts of energy by the end of 2007. The private sector has expressed interest in the project due to energy savings and feasibility.

The director general revealed that local communities will derive benefits from the project through energy tax incentive laws which will be enacted in the near future. Wind turbine sites will serve as tourism , education, energy production, and reserve energy centers.

Members of the public interested in joining the project are welcome to contact the Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency at 02-223-0021-6 or log on to www.dede.go.th

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 27 June 2007

tried down south earlier but for some reason failed to find any takers .......................

hope they have better luck this time .

I don't think it's luck they need so much as reliable winds.

From what little I know on the subject, there is nowhere apart from a few exposed capes on the Andaman coast, especially on Phuket I believe, with decent and reliable winds to generate power. As most of the capes in Phuket are already lived on or "jonged" by the rich, then I wonder if there are any suitable sites left which don't have a big mansion or hotel on them now or coming soon?

Solar is the natural alternative energy to chose for LOS, but for some reason is being introduced at a snail's pace. :o

I am surprised by the lack of solar panels. Ideal country to use them. Anything that isn't used immediately can be stored or sold back to the electricity generating company. Any alternative energy generators are only a good thing in my book.