Dangerous driving! Seven McLaren drivers fined 10,000 baht each for scary overtaking in North

webfact

On 11/5/2022 at 5:08 PM, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, and what is wrong. I think it was good that they took the maximum amount. Or do you consider that a fine of 1 million would be ok? Maybe you should get 160 000 baht fine for driving without helmet, or 450 000 for driving to fast. Would you like that?

Don´t bother to answer, because you will only talk about how rich they are and how much they can pay because of that. Something that we always hear about, when the rich get advantage, then it´s wrong according to many posters. If we want the law to be same there, then we must let the law be same here. They got the maximum fine, so that was what was possible according to the law. Is it wrong both when they follow the law and when they bend it? 

What about have their license confiscated for some time and or have them pass the license again ? 

I'll act like you... Don´t bother to answer, because you will only talk about how rich they are and how much they can pay because of that and how much they have friends in high position. See, all can be smart asses. Cheers

4 hours ago, happysoul said:

What about have their license confiscated for some time and or have them pass the license again ? 

I'll act like you... Don´t bother to answer, because you will only talk about how rich they are and how much they can pay because of that and how much they have friends in high position. See, all can be smart asses. Cheers

No, will not talk about that. I think the law should be same for all. Unfortunately, never been and never going to be in any country. Take away licenses is a good idea.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:33 AM, KhunLA said:

500 - 1000 baht is a heavy fine for a local.  More than a day or two wages.  3 days if on that bottom rung of the ladder.

Just as 1, 2 or $300 USD, would be to me in FarangLand.  It's not the amount, it's how many hours of work it takes to pay the fine, that the relative cost of anything.

Apply that across the board, and Thailand is a very expensive country for locals to live in.  Helmet fine cost over a day's wage.  Whole Five Star chicken cost almost a half a day's wage.  For myself, my last job, 23 yrs ago, that would be an $90 USD chicken ???? ????

Let that sink in ... take as long as you need.

Everybody should be treated equally under the law, no exceptions!

Helmet fine is 400 baht. Lots of people make more than 400 a day. Temporary day labour in the Hilton hotel pays 600/day.

Gearing fines to estimated income is ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...