Entry to Malaysia in January 2023, are there still health insurance requirements?

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

How about MySejahtera, or Covid-vaccination proof?

I wasn't asked for either, though I am vaccinated and had my certificate with me, I had registered on MySejahtera, and I did have suitable health insurance. None of it was asked for either flying out, arriving, or flying back again. That was early November 2022 that I flew down to KL from Hat Yai.

However, keep an eye on the Malaysian requirements as they may change with the influx of Chinese.

Edited by Stocky
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have Australian passport (thus eligible for 90 day visa-exempt entry). On 28 January, the 90th day, of my first entry (31 October), I caught komuter train to Padang Besar, walked 2km from rail station to Malaysia Immigration. I asked for further 90 days, was told to stamp in to Thailand then stamp out. Half an hour to do this, then walked back to Malaysian Immigration, was given further 90 days. No requirements for insurance, proof of funds etc. Immigration officers in both countries were very polite. I had a photocopy of Xray of orthopaedic surgery performed six month previously, possibly this promoted some sympathy from officials of both countries.

• Love It 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/1/2023 at 3:07 PM, aarn said:

I have Australian passport (thus eligible for 90 day visa-exempt entry).

ace, looks like the same for UK.......think I might head there next week and buy a motorbike, petrol is dirt bloody cheap too!

are you still there and how you finding it?

cheers