Buy Krugerrands

The Thai gold bars are only sell-able in Thailand, otherwise you will be paying assay charges.

I believe Swiss assay bars are available.

I made the mistake of bringing several Maple Leaf coins to Thailand..shops had problems with the math. Thai gold 92% (?). Maple Leaf coins 99.99%. Krugerrand coins 94%

Shops would not pay the premium for coins..

52 minutes ago, bobbin said:

The Thai gold bars are only sell-able in Thailand, otherwise you will be paying assay charges.

I made the mistake of bringing several Maple Leaf coins to Thailand..shops had problems with the math. Thai gold 92% (?). Maple Leaf coins 99.99%. Krugerrand coins 94%

It's in their interest to be stupid in this  case, or the shop you found don't produce their own gold and only buy in their stock from bigger shop to sell

bigger shops definitely know what the .99% coins and buillions are, they melt them down to use in their gold, if you ask nicely they might even sell them to you, but the usual ones available are suisse franc, chinese panda, 

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

Thai gold is 96.5% 23 carat......so I understand.

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

bigger shops definitely know what the .99% coins and buillions are, they melt them down to use in their gold

This what happened in that famous gold shop in Yaowarat. First he was deeply suspicious that I was trying to scam him.. Put a blow-torch on the coin to check malleability, did the rub test. When he agreed to buy the one coin, he gave me the money. But while I was still standing in front of him he picked up some shears and cut the coin in half. I was shocked. Then I said you have defaced my Queen and ruined the coin. He replied that he sold gold, not coins.

Edited by bobbin