Retirement Visa 800k, does Wise transfer count as international transfer?

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Where does that figure come from.

Ongoing extensions with agent are approx 14k. 

Maybe with the 1 agent you know, the majority of agents I know exist, from south to north, charge at least 25K per year, if having no money. Yes there are some agents who are real cheap, but that are the very few, and for most those are too far away too.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Then you only need 400k baht in the bank for the 2 months prior to your next extension application date and for 3 months after, dipping if you want to 200k baht although even that must be topped back up 2 months before your extension application.

Incorrect.
@DrJack54 gave the correct advice.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If married to a Thai the money in bank method for extension is 400k for  2 months prior to application and maintained for under consideration period then can be used as required

On 11/9/2022 at 9:43 PM, SenorTashi said:

I thought he was saying that there's the official retirement visa and then there's a retirement extension or something. It's passed my bedtime. Can't focus any more.

There is no retirement Visa.
It's a Non Immigrant O Visa obtained for the purpose of 'retirement'.

I assume you entered as a Tourist, either Visa exempt or Tourist Visa.
In either case, you can only extend your current permission of stay for 30 days.
To extend your stay for 1 year based on retirement (a permit, not a Visa) you must have Non Immigrant status, not Tourist status, hence you first need to apply for a Non Imm O visa at Immigration, which grants you a stay of 90 days.
Within the last 30/45 days of the 90 days, you can apply to 'extend your permission of stay' for a further 365 days, subject to the financial requirements, which are 800K THB transferred from overseas to a Thai bank account in your sole name.
The 800K THB only has to be in your account on the day you submit your application for the Non Imm O Visa.
Procedure here; VE-TV to Non O Retirement.pdf 

To apply for the 1-year extension of stay, the 800K funds must have been in your account for 2 months prior to the date of submitting your application.
There is no requirement to prove the funds came from overseas for the 1-year extension, using the 800 K THB in the bank method.

If you haven't got 800K THB to deposit in a Thai bank, then an agent and whatever their fees, are your last resort.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/13/2022 at 5:57 PM, DrJack54 said:

If married to a Thai the money in bank method for extension is 400k for  2 months prior to application and maintained for under consideration period then can be used as required

Ah yes Dr Jack, you are right. Which makes it more like a month after application. Thanks for that correction, important for some I'm sure.

As I understand it -immigration need to see evidence of 800000 Baht in the bank.

They do not specify how the money ended up in Thailand.

It just has to be there.

Monthly money is different.

The applicant has to prove it comes from outside Thailand-every month 65000 Baht.

If you use the SWIFT system -that is in itself is evidence enough.

Using Wise means you have to select -Long term stay in Thailand-option on the dropdown.

6 hours ago, Delight said:

As I understand it -immigration need to see evidence of 800000 Baht in the bank.

They do not specify how the money ended up in Thailand.

It just has to be there.

Monthly money is different.

The applicant has to prove it comes from outside Thailand-every month 65000 Baht.

If you use the SWIFT system -that is in itself is evidence enough.

Using Wise means you have to select -Long term stay in Thailand-option on the dropdown.

Using the Long term stay option works provided you are sending funds to a Bangkok Bank account (a Wise partner) so that Wise will send the funds through them rather than another partner bank - it is also my understanding if you have a Kasikorn Bank account (another partner) it will also be the same for their account holders. However, if you have an account at another Thai bank, it will not result in it being shown as international as the funds going to that account will be from one of their partner banks and be coded as a domestic transfer.