Tourist visa extension.. How early

How early before the end of the 60 day window can an extension be requested ??

I believe for a non imm its 45 here (some offices 30) but not sure if they expect less time pre expiry window on only 60 days. 

I need to assist someone who is old at the process but also trying to fit it in windows of time I am not here. Agents seem to want 10k to handle this simple process. 

Edited by LivinLOS

Wy not ask Immigration?  When I went to check on the window for my 90 day O, they were very helpful and insisted in making an appointment for the extension, and giving me a list of documents I needed to provide.

6 minutes ago, Robin said:

Wy not ask Immigration? 

Because going there, dealing with the crowds and the queues... Is a major ball ache.. 

I stress at doing a one time per year extension.. I am hoping to do the OX (once I hit 50) so I can reduce that to twice per decade. I am not going there to waste my day by choice. 

I just did my TR extension in Koh Samui.

They allowed me to do it up to one month early but no earlier.

I had a previous experience of IO telling me no earlier than two week before expiration UNLESS you can show a ticket out…but this was for a NON O extension.

Mayb give the IO that you are dealing with a jingle and ask?…

But expect changes at all times, depending on who you talk to and the mood that day.

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1