Time taken for Wise transfer into Kasikorn Bank?

The last time I transferred from my Wise account into Kasikorn Bank account was nearly three years ago  I would normally make the transfer at between 9pm - 10pm UK Time ( 4am - 5am Thai Time) and the funds would show up in my Kasikorn account sometime after lunch time (Thai Time).

I am about to start making more regular transfers, being back in Thailand and I read that expectations are 1-2 working days.  The way I think about this is that any delay is because time required for Wise to made the transfer to the Thai bank and then the bank needs time to process the transfer, hence probably its unlikely to be within the same hour from send to received.

What are other peoples experience of the time taken after transfer instruction for funds to be in your Thai Bank account?

6 minutes ago, spambot said:

Is this just in Thai banking business hours / before a certain time - or is this anytime?

Cannot say for certain, i usually transfer every couple of months when home in Thailand and during daytime. Not sure if same speed outside of banking hours.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spambot said:

Really - Wow!

Is this just in Thai banking business hours / before a certain time - or is this anytime?

Yep, definitely any time on the basis of my personal experience.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Certainly not instant in my experience..

I have Kasikorn and the gf has Bangkok Bank.

Have transferred amounts of 300k + into both accounts and it usually comes within 48 hours. 

Probably have threads in "banking finance" forum .

Maybe dependent on the size of transfers? The transfers which were processed instantly in my experience each yielded around 44k THB.

And possibly also on the Wise transfer reason selected (I opted for "General Living Expenses" rather than "Funds For Long-Stay In Thailand")?

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Yep, definitely any time on the basis of my personal experience.

Maybe dependent on the size of transfers? The transfers which were processed instantly in my experience each yielded around 44k THB.

And possibly also on the Wise transfer reason selected (I opted for "General Living Expenses" rather than "Funds For Long-Stay In Thailand")?

Must be the amount.

Once sent small amount 7,500baht to Vietnam bank account and arrived same day. 

However certainly not minutes.

The transfers to Thailand were 400k to one million.

I always put reason "general living expenses"

Have been many threads about speed of transfer. 

Never understood why. Surely people can plan in advance. 

Wise fix the rate when you confirm transfer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This morning done a 2k transfer at 6.30 am. UK bank - to Bangkok Bank.

Reason for transfer: Monthly living expenses.

Estimated delivery date: 2.13 pm Thai time.

Last month I done a transfer in the afternoon ... Hit my account 3 mins later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Transferred yesterday to Kasikorn Bank was 9 seconds which is usual, i always transfer between 3-4 pm Thai time mon-fri, so banks open in UK not sure it makes any difference, but seems to work for me, the longest it has taken was 30 min and that was back in oct when the markets were all over the place

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, howerde said:

Transferred yesterday to Kasikorn Bank was 9 seconds which is usual, i always transfer between 3-4 pm Thai time mon-fri, so banks open in UK not sure it makes any difference, but seems to work for me, the longest it has taken was 30 min and that was back in oct when the markets were all over the place

Banking hours make no difference. It took 6 seconds last Sunday

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Banking hours make no difference. It took 6 seconds last Sunday

that suggests that a bot and not a hooman is performing the transfer. presumably the transfers that take longer are caused by such things as amount exceeds bot's programmed limits, the float in their local Thai bank account is depleted etc etc

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1