Why Pi is the next Covid variant on every scientist’s lips

3NUMBAS

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/why-pi-next-covid-variant-132245328.html

The third anniversary of the emergence of an obscure new coronavirus in the Chinese city of Wuhan is coming up fast.

An outbreak that first made just a few sentences on the foreign pages, quickly burgeoned into a global pandemic that upended almost every aspect of life and still has profound repercussions.

More than 16 million people are estimated to have died worldwide during the first two years, with trillions of pounds spent, economies battered and millions of jobs lost.

Thankfully, for all the disruption, the past year has seen a return to normal life, for many at least, as the world desperately tries to put the pandemic behind it.

(more)

Technicians wearing full body protection suits work inside a biosafety level 3 Covid-19 research laboratory at the African Health Research Institute (AHRI) in Durban, South Africa, on Wednesday, Dec. 15, 2021 - Waldo Swiegers/Bloomberg

Edited by onthedarkside
shortened for fair use

9 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Of course new Covid variants give rise to renewed fears amongst Scientists studying viral matters. The reaction to BA4/5 was the same.

soo many older , obese , already sick people died during Covid. Perhaps weeks or a year before their time. It's really amazing about the fat old ones. No one will ever know the truth about that stat. 
I just used real life examples. Covid was bad but why do you " think " about conspiracies? They can go BOTH ways you know. 

• Like 1

Alex re. this - "I often think the 'greatest folly of our time' might in the end, prove to be flippant and ill thought out misinformation and appetites for conspiracy."

I presume that's what you are objecting too in your last. I'll stand by that.

I accept there is misleading 'data' from the Authorities/MSM sometimes too - e.g. transmissibility and vaccines.

However, conspiracy kneejerks are really destructive and even a danger. It's attention seeking stuff for those who wish to 'know better', usually, without the facts or the Science. BFN

13 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

burgeoned into a global pandemic that upended almost every aspect of life

It was the political reaction to the pandemic that "upended almost every aspect of life."

Conflating the virus itself, with the measures taken supposedly to quell it, is simply a get-out clause for the people responsible for the train wreck we are now in, and who are now asking for "amnesty".

8 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Alex - hype ? No, Scientists are trying to evaluate a new variant that's become apparent. It's that simple. Don't you want them to look ?

Why Pi is the next Covid variant on every scientist’s lips

That headline is hype. Scientists who study covid are a minority I'm sure some astrophysicist does not even mention this.