I counted 10 small trucks parked in Sukhumvit soi 11 selling 'medical' marijuana last night.

jack71

Ive been going to Sukhumvit soi 11 for many years and noticed the vibe has changed there now. Its quite a happening place there now- to say the least. I counted at least 10 of the small trucks (that open up on the side) selling weed to customers. Many of the sellers lighting up themselves. Of course there are many retail shops open as well now. 

Nearby in that soi where Nana plaza is there was some sort of altercation opposite in the car park area. I watched 6 policeman walking to that area to sort something out. 3 others stayed on the street. Really close by there were tourists smoking joints. The police dont care at all. 

Close to soi 11 there was a row of girlie bars in the street. On the end was a weed bar with chairs and tables. Tourists smoking joints.

Amsterdam, by comparison, has to be fairly boring now compared to whats on offer in Bangkok.

Is this all good for Thailand?? Personally I think not. 

There are quite a few videos on Youtube of Soi 11 just in the last few days. I saw one Cannabis truck in the two videos I scanned.

Soi 11 has become an ecclectic mix of Pattaya-like beer bars, roped night clubs and a massive amount of independent sex workers. I assume it qualifies as part of the Nana Entertainment "District"?

8 hours ago, jack71 said:

Is this all good for Thailand?? Personally I think not. 

What specifically do you think is "bad"? Just the cannabis aspect? The sex workers?

What did you like about Soi 11 "before"?

Smoking Cannabis in public where it causes an annoyance is illegal. If you are annoyed then file a police complaint. The Police have been specifically instructed to avoid interactions, esepcially with tourists, involving their public (or private) possession/use of Cananbis. Again, unless someone files a complaint the Police are not going to have issue with Cannabis use.

• Like 1