How to Watch the World Cup for Dummies?

Jingthing

Help!

I'm sure I'm the only one.

I understand it might be shown on Thai broadcast tvin Thai (but I don't even have Thai broadcast tv).

So that leaves alternative methods.

What is the simplest way (if any) for those that aren't already set up with some kind of IPTV sports package to ONLY watch the World Cup and no interest in anything else? It seems excessive to pay for some kind of subscription service for only one (albeit huge) event. 

About VPNs, does it need to be a paid VPN?

Personally, I have an Android TV, Android phone, and PC computer. The PC or TV would be best.

Is it true with a VPN on your PC you can access UK tv to Watch the World Cup for free? If so, what are the details.

What about Kodi on Android TV? (Specific details?)

Anything else?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Respectfully, I would gladly watch today's hamburger being cooked on Tuesday, rather than in real time, if it meant that I must pay for today's hamburger today. 

Jingthing, have you ever heard of Ham Radio? 

Using Ham Radio, you can, at least, listen, play by play, blow by blow. 

VPN used to be an option, but maybe there are now some ways of blocking users of VPNs from watching real-time coverage of sports events. 

Just thinking out loud, with no disrespect for anyone's obsessions, I really cannot imagine any event that might be so important to me that I would feel so compelled to watch it in real time. 

Here is some framework of thought that might help you:

Pretend that you are on planet Neptune. And then think of the signal delay due to the speed of light. Thailand is no different.

Or, please recall the good old days here in Asia, before the Fax machine became commonplace. 

How much immediacy do we really require to become, finally, satisfied? 

Don't you think that the divide between West and East has served you well, so far? 

Therefore, we must take the good, and be extremely grateful for it, a separate peace. 

Peace in Thailand is worth any number of professional sports games. 

Games are for children, unless they are war games. 

Someday, there may be a Hot War in your neighborhood. And when this happens, you will be able to to see it up close, VPN or no VPN.... 

So much more real than professional sports. So much more satisfying, too. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

Sorry @Jingthing no viable solution here, because

First off, I am totally not into Football / Soccer but I love to watch Cycling and especially the Tour de France.

So last Tour I had a subscription to a streaming site

The first hour or so It was oke, but near to the end it started buffering as mad, I tried everything, change servers, lower quality etc. In the end I just gave up and downloaded the race via Torrents.

This site is normally very good but during sporting events you get loads and loads of people who want to watch it and thus their servers don't seem to cope.

Also doesn't help that even if you have 1Gb Down / 500Mb upload with an ISP in Thailand, those speeds are only guaranteed WITHIN Thailand and as most of these Streaming sites are located some where else........

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Longreach said:

those paying for broadcast rights are not dummies.

Well, as of now, no one is "paying for the broadcast rights". That's the problem some are looking to address.

1 hour ago, Longreach said:

very simple to block vpns.

If you say so, then it must be true.

Meanwhile in the real world we'll be watching streams.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

How about Kodi build info for the world cup?

There are several video addons for Kodi that stream live sports... but I cannot comment about their legality.

See here.

Most will require the use of a VPN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will need a paid for VPN to watch it live on BBC  (UK) or SBS (Oz) ,free VPN

will just be buffering all the time,  Or you could watch on https://www.footballorgin.com/ no VPN ,

the next day , just don't check the scores and it's like watching it live......

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 2

I've found reliability issues using VPN's (Vypr, ExpressVPN & NordVPN) when accessing iPlayer, ITVHub, More4 and My5, as well as UKTV Play and ABC Australia, due to their increased monitoring of VPN providers and growing barring IP address lists.

So, I've installed a PC at a techie friend's house and use TeamViewer to connect securely  end to end, so no bandwidth reduction going via a VPN service provider.

Once connected I'm in territory so no troubling accessing the UK TV providers.

Also use ChrisPC Videotube Downloader Pro to download any programmes I might want to watch at a later date. Use Teamviewer to file transfer, or upload to Google drive and then can watch on my mobile. Simples.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RayWright said:

I've found reliability issues using VPN's (Vypr, ExpressVPN & NordVPN) when accessing iPlayer, ITVHub, More4 and My5, as well as UKTV Play and ABC Australia, due to their increased monitoring of VPN providers and growing barring IP address lists.

So, I've installed a PC at a techie friend's house and use TeamViewer to connect securely  end to end, so no bandwidth reduction going via a VPN service provider.

Once connected I'm in territory so no troubling accessing the UK TV providers.

Also use ChrisPC Videotube Downloader Pro to download any programmes I might want to watch at a later date. Use Teamviewer to file transfer, or upload to Google drive and then can watch on my mobile. Simples.

Are you saying you watch things live on your TeamViewer remote device? I have a similar setup for U.S. logins but I would think watching most of the World Cup live using TeamViewer would be an abuse of our free accounts (if even possible).

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

You will need a paid for VPN to watch it live on BBC  (UK) or SBS (Oz) ,free VPN

will just be buffering all the time,  Or you could watch on https://www.footballorgin.com/ no VPN ,

the next day , just don't check the scores and it's like watching it live......

regards Worgeordie

Watching later is something I would consider. 

So you're sure that site will run the World Cup?

The only matches where Live would be more important are the U.S. ones getting to the later stages.

11 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

There are several video addons for Kodi that stream live sports... but I cannot comment about their legality.

See here.

Most will require the use of a VPN.

Thanks.

Also wonder about Stremio which is something I use regularly. I assume there would need to be World Cup addons and I don't see them. 

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Are you saying you watch things live on your TeamViewer remote device? I have a similar setup for U.S. logins but I would think watching most of the World Cup live using TeamViewer would be an abuse of our free accounts (if even possible).

You're legally correct. Yes, can watch BBC and ITV live. Also able to use my UK Amazon Prime account, so watched Eddie's boys stuff the Cherry Blossoms. Looking forward to next weekends clash with the All Black's.

On 11/13/2022 at 4:30 AM, Jingthing said:

What about Kodi on Android TV?

Download the Crew add-on.

Great repository for sports.

Pay per view also (boxing) etc. 

"How To Install The Crew Kodi Add-on"

https://www.wirelesshack.org/how-to-install-the-crew-kodi-addon.html

Don't bother with a VPN, especially in Thailand.  There looking for people downloading nefarious subject matter.

You'll be streaming not downloading.  Millions (billions) of others will be doing the same.

Hopefully you have good WiFi, so inexpensive in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2022 at 2:49 PM, Jingthing said:

Do you mean you would need a BBC subscription or anyone?

Just get a paid VPN - The games are all shown free, split between ITVhub / STV with its <deleted> quality and iplayer in 720p. SBS is really easy to navigate around, maybe a free VPN will work, but you can get one month on PIA / Express / Nord for 400B

VPNs will be blocked or streams buffering - lol, ??

• Like 1