Daikin Aircon compressor control board

MJCM

14 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Works with roaches. But do Geckos care? I think they go there because it is warm. 

That stuff Works with a lot of critters, we use the liquid version for our pest control under the house.

Strangely I tested it once on a spot were a lot of geckos gather (something like a Bar in Soi6 Pattaya :thumbsup:) and sprayed some of that Chaindrite in one area and they seem to avoid that area.  No explanation for it or maybe it was just luck who knows.????

• Thumbs Up 1

Update:

My Wife called Daikin yesterday as they have been awful quiet.

Got news that they are waiting for spare parts and they are coming tmrw (Friday) in the afternoon. ????

PS: Where is the cooler weather when you need it ????

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MJCM said:

PS: Where is the cooler weather when you need it ????

You didn't notice the couple of days it got down into the freezing 20's (C) last month?   In US they seem to be freezing this year - here we are at normal roast.  And even the humidity has stayed up most days.

On 11/14/2022 at 5:44 PM, Mickeymaus said:

If you talk to them please ask them what they think about the anti Gecko sprays and powders that you can get for instance at Lazada ????

Will they work against our latest visitor? At least he won't be getting inside any technology.

image.thumb.png.046e91fc291f56d8028445e0954b9bcb.png

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You didn't notice the couple of days it got down into the freezing 20's (C) last month?

Yes, but I would prefer the Cooler weather when I have a NO working Aircon (which is since last Sunday).  :whistling:

On 11/14/2022 at 2:14 PM, Mickeymaus said:

Works with roaches. But do Geckos care? I think they go there because it is warm. 

I am just checking Lazada for Gecko Repelant and I got 5972 products displayed. Of course all are in Thai language, no English. I am looking for a product that is cheap, effective, durable, smell good and will not harm the enviroment. We have a lot of fish ponds and everything that you spray around my house will eventually end up in the pond. Can anyone recomend one of these 5972 products that will do the job? I have read about some that are very effective like Chaindrite but this chemical is dealy to our fish in the ponds. Is there anything else out there that we can use to fight the invasion of the Geckos?

32 minutes ago, thaisail said:

I am just checking Lazada for Gecko Repelant and I got 5972 products displayed. Of course all are in Thai language, no English. I am looking for a product that is cheap, effective, durable, smell good and will not harm the enviroment. We have a lot of fish ponds and everything that you spray around my house will eventually end up in the pond. Can anyone recomend one of these 5972 products that will do the job? I have read about some that are very effective like Chaindrite but this chemical is dealy to our fish in the ponds. Is there anything else out there that we can use to fight the invasion of the Geckos?

Your internet searching must be really bad or you can’t be bothered to look

https://nogeckospray.com is in English and fulfils you requirements, apart from the effectiveness, but you will not get everything 

Update 2:

"Igor, IT  lives " :thumbsup:

Board exchanged and now doing the final checks, the reason why the compressor wouldn't start is because the Gecko seems to have shorted the communication between the Compressor and Inside unit thus it wouldn't turn on.

Update 3:

The Daikin Guys (3 of them) just left. We didn't have to pay a thing

The "boss" calculated that if it would happen when the Compressor is out of Warranty it would be a total of around 6000 THB++. This would include the new board, the service and they driving all the way over from Korat (but they told us that they have another visit to make in Buriram City)

So in the end Suc6!

Thx to all the guys who replied, really appreciated.

I completely forgot

Re:

On 11/14/2022 at 9:52 AM, Crossy said:

The problem is that any mesh small enough to stop the beasties will restrict the airflow needed for cooling, and that will likely invalidate whatever warranty remains.

We asked them. They said yes can DO, BUT not tight around the Compressor but make it more like a "Dog House" so a bit bigger, so the Compressor has room for it's airflow.

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

We asked them. They said yes can DO, BUT not tight around the Compressor but make it more like a "Dog House" so a bit bigger, so the Compressor has room for it's airflow.

I bet that's not in writing anywhere ???? 

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2022 at 9:56 AM, couchpotato said:

As I wrote in an earlier post, I had the exact same problem with gecko short.

So now we spray 'Shelldrite" around the compressor case/surrounding area once a week, and it seems to work, as no little beasties in evidence these days.

worth a try.

All this lizard/Gecko nonsense happened to me. Cost was 2,000 Baht for a replacement board. 

My wife said we need to install a small muslin bag of assorted herbs & spices to keep the little b'grs away.

Never had a problem since.

• Like 1

Just now, Muhendis said:

small muslin bag of assorted herbs & spices to keep the little b'grs away.

what kind of assorted herbs & spices? 

The problem is the location where the board in our compressor is that it's very enclosed (read not much space left). Only a gecko can get in :whistling: so not sure if we can fit a muslin bag in there.

29 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I bet that's not in writing anywhere ???? 

I could ask them but they already left ???? (and warranty is almost over anyway)

What I understood is, suppose the compressor is 1m2 make the enclosure approx 3-4 m2, thus a lot larger. Will try to get our Builder to make something,

Edited by MJCM

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You have to close up every hole, jinjok can get through amazingly tight spaces.

Yes I have found that out (at my HOT expense ????)

Will post what we have come up with for your approval ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

what kind of assorted herbs & spices? 

That's k'mer magic ju-ju bone rattling secret stuff which is known only to the village elder. 

Me being the outsider never gets to know such sensitive information.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

That's k'mer magic ju-ju bone rattling secret stuff which is known only to the village elder. 

These are jujubes! I have very happy memories of them! ???? (You got more in a 1/4 lb than you did jelly-babies [even if you got all boys]).

7,689 Jujube Candy Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock