Marriage certificate update needed after name change?

My 1 year extension for my Non-O marriage visa is due and I'm currently preparing my documents.

My wife has changed her family name this year and I was wondering we need to update our marriage certificate? If yes, do we need to go the the Amphur where we got our marriage registered or is it possible to go to any Amphur? Last year when I did the 1 year extension, I had to get an updated Kor Ror 2 (which I also have to do now) and we were able to get it at a random Amphur in Bangkok. 

Thank you 

22 hours ago, Katsura said:

My wife has changed her family name this year and I was wondering we need to update our marriage certificate?

When your wife changed her name she would have been given a certificate for the name change and a new Kor 2 which should still be valid.

There is no change to the marriage certificate and you just need to provide the name change certificate along with the marriage certificate.

My wife did it about 5 years ago and done a few extensions since then. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 11/14/2022 at 3:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

A Amphoe cannot change a marriage certificate. They might change the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at the Amphoe where you got married.

Just show immigration proof of her name change.

My wife decided to use my surname when we married although it's not a requirement to do so in Thailand and that is recorded on the Kor Ror 2. She changed her surname on her ID card and also obtained a Change of Name certificate which she and I have often had to produce for various administrative processes. Including for my extension of stay based on marriage applications.