Covid extension

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The covid 19 extensions were dropped a few months ago.

If you cannot use your old passport you should try to get a emergency passport.

I already have my new passport, it came last week. I want to get a 60 day non-imm 'O' visa based on marriage, which is available at my local immigration, but I am of the belief that you need to have at least 30 days on my current stay, I have just 1 week left, so am I going to have to go to Laos or Cambodia?

2 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

You can get a 60 day extension to visit Wife from Immigration.

I can't... It's a long story but just before covid hit I had done a border run for a 30 day visa exepmt stamp, after that it was amnesties followed by covid extensions... I am pretty sure i can't extend a border stamp that expired almost 3 years ago.

Edited by Brewster67

18 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

I already have my new passport, it came last week. I want to get a 60 day non-imm 'O' visa based on marriage, which is available at my local immigration, but I am of the belief that you need to have at least 30 days on my current stay, I have just 1 week left, so am I going to have to go to Laos or Cambodia?

You will be applying for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife.

There is no minimum 30 days remaining on your stay to apply for a extension of stay. It can be done up to the day your current stay ends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will be applying for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife.

There is no minimum 30 days remaining on your stay to apply for a extension of stay. It can be done up to the day your current stay ends.

Thank you for all your help.