Where can I buy quality noise-cancelling headphones?

StoneNovara

Hi!

I'm looking for someplace around Chiang Mai where I can try on and buy quality noise-cancelling over the ear headphones. Maybe around 6000 baht?

I looked at old threads and apparently there used to be a place like this called EarTips but it seems to no longer be in business? 

If you know anyplace with a good selection and decent prices that lets you try them on to test them out that would be great! Thank you!

I have Bose QuietComfort 35 II and while they suck in sound quality (yes, I know, you'd expect them to sound awesome, given the brand), their noise cancelling on the plane is phenomenal. The only issue is if you lean to the side so the casing touches anything, then they start making lots of unwelcome noise - so really only useful if you lay your head back straight.

Bose did make in-ear version, which I have not tested but was told it's using same algorithm, so it should be equally as good.

While not on the plane, I've just tried side-by-side in a noisy place my Bose and Sony WH-1000MX4, and could not tell the difference in performance. If anything, Sony's tighter seal makes them feel better than the loose Bose QC feeling. Sonys are heavier, though, and sound much better. Both Bose and Sony should be possible to be acquired close to your budget now that they are both old models.

On that sound quality - Bose doesn't sound total rubbish. No, it is just that I am spoiled for Sony XBS and VModa Crossfade sound, which is punchy... powerful. Bose QC35II sounds very nice at very low volumes. But the moment you crank up the volume, the bass disappears. It's even worse if you use cable to connect - applaud them for adding that cable and airplane socket adapter, allowing you to use headphones in wired mode when convenient or battery flat, it's just... the sound isn't actually much better than the cheap earphones airlines provide you with. That's terribly disappointing for this brand and that cost of cans. Sony WH-1000 does not suffer from the same symptoms and produces powerful sound at any (reasonable) volume.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Bose did make in-ear version, which I have not tested but was told it's using same algorithm, so it should be equally as good.

I have those, and while they may not be what StoneNovara want I can attest that they are fantastic. Best investment for travel I have ever made. Plane noise dissappears and the same goes for air noise when riding a motorbike. Even the very loud music in Khaosan Road Disappears. I could feel the bass there in my body but I couldn't hear it.

• Thanks 1