Do you believe that Super Yachts should be impounded? Or, should they be relegated to roaming the high seas, like Ghost Ships? Forever, and ever....

GammaGlobulin

Dear Friends,

Have you been watching the drama of the Russian Super Yachts, recently?

My favorite is this yacht, Nord.

image.jpeg.38c572322d2a348c6638edda66b62560.jpeg

It's possible to track superyachts, using available apps, until they go dark.

Sometimes, while following this drama, such as the Nord drama, I am reminded of Goldfinger, and Jill Masterson.

image.jpeg.a1935bcf29affb58a5edf6a3abe0a29c.jpeg

It's quite intriguing, at least for me.

Have you been following along?

Such drama, we rarely see.

Some yachts go to Hong Kong, and others go elsewhere.

Maybe one might come here?

That would be rather exciting, maybe.

Anyway, Goldfinger at Albert Hall, is still amazing...

Regards,

GammaG

Well Russia has just fired 2 rockets into the EU - thus attacking NATO - I wonder what Thailand - Prayut - thinks of this? It's getting to a point where both India AND China at the G19  (Russia was absent) are getting increasingly unsure about Russia -  the country is becoming an international pariah - Thailand needs to do something about this. They picked the wrong side in WW2 and what will they do in WW3?

They can start by impounding these super-yachts.

and thn expel all Russian citizens (including their MAFIA)

Edited by kwilco
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Well Russia has just fired 2 rockets into the EU - thus attacking NATO - I wonder what Thailand - Prayut - thinks of this? It's getting to a point where both India AND China at the G19  (Russia was absent) are getting increasingly unsure about Russia -  the country is becoming an international pariah - Thailand needs to do something about this. They picked the wrong side in WW2 and what will they do in WW3?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, kwilco said:

They can start by impounding these super-yachts.

and thn expel all Russian citizens (including their MAFIA)

What on earth are you going on about? Not supposed to discuss politics on this sub forum.

7 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Sorry, what is the [point you are trying to make?

What are the several points which you might think that I am trying to make? 

Have I been too subtle here? 

Super Yachts 

Super Race 

Dictators 

Renegade Rulers 

Let Them Eat Cake 

Etc., Etc., Etc. 

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What on earth are you going on about? Not supposed to discuss politics on this sub forum.

Yes. 

You are CORRECT. 

This topic is about Super Yachts. 

Following the Nord, a magnificent boat. 

And, maybe, the intrigue behind the recent movements of the Nord. 

And, is it likely that the Nord might escape in this shrinking world of ours, as did The Bounty. Will the Nord's crew find their own Pitcairn Island, and live happily ever after? 

The Nord has been burning up hundreds of thousands of dollars of fuel since it left Hong Kong. 

What is life like on board, I wonder. 

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The title is about impounding Russian yachts - is that political?

Russia has fire a rocket into Poland this is NATO territory and the situation with Russia is getting worse - the Russian oligarchs need to be shown they cannot carry on whilst Russia is escalating the war. Russia now accuses Poland of trying to escalate the war - whilst they are being admonished by G19.

Edited by kwilco

Just now, kwilco said:

The title is about impounding Russian yachts - is that political?

Russia has fire a rocket into Poland this is NATO territory and the situation with Russia is getting worse - the Russian oligarchs need to be shown they cannot carry on whilst Russia is escalating the war. Russia now accuses Poland of trying to escalate the war - whilst they are being admonished by G19.

You just posted another political post. Have you read the pinned post about political posts on the Pub? It's at the start of the sub forum.

So, anyway, this topic is about several things which are all completely apolitical. 

a. The Nord is a magnificent achievement, and a true beauty. 

b. Her designers have spent years creating such perfection. 

c. Most of us can look upon her as a work of art. 

d. She has become even more fascinating to us as she runs from Hong Kong to Indonesia, to many other places, while the US government seems to be hot on her tail. So sexy.

e. This is much more a nautical post, rather than a political or sociological post, or socio-economic related post. 

You might consider this more of a Psychological post, or even a Freudian post. 

Think of the Nord as the mother, the mother ship. Further, consider that the owner of this vessel loved his mother and hated his father. 

You just gotta ask yourself what might drive someone to be so grandiose? 

In my opinion, this distinguishing factor, is the owner's inability to recognize the fact that he is mortal. 

In other words, he sees himself as a god who might live forever. 

Guys like this, somehow, have become detached from reality. And, they are completely unable to appreciate their own mortality. 

They lack the perspective which most of us have. We live and die, and we accept this.  There is no other option.

We know that we will die; but an owner of the Nord, such as he, cannot accept his own mortality. 

This is why an idiot like the owner of the Nord is willing to build a Super Yacht. 

He is building an illusion.

He truly buys into the delusion that he will remain forever young, so sad. 

Forever young... I want to be. 

Here is the sad man, the Sad Sack, if anyone ever saw one:

image.thumb.jpeg.0e8eba73caa096ad844054f95bbcb5a9.jpeg

Such saggy boobs.

Such a boob.

Such a disgusting image of Putin caressing a horse, while doing dastardly deeds.

Such great propaganda, however.

So, we commend him for this, at least.

And, we are not just so thankful for having this great closeup of the nipple of the Russian state.

If only Xi Jinping would show us his nipples, too.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 2

Already had super yachts here, though what is the difference between 'damn expensive' & 'super'.

Had one anchored off PKK for couple days to/from Hua Hin ...

... Thankfully, as Andrey restocked my Stoli, what a guy ????

image.png.0514eb168fc8017ff325a330cf0ee7a2.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2143432/Russian-billionaires-bond-villain-300m-yacht-comes-mini-version-itself.html

It can be a traffic jam out there some days:

image.png.f3ab22f866c71e23df143611cad9a5cc.png

https://www.marinevesseltraffic.com/vessels/A/CURRENT-POSITION/1009340/538071242

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What would they do with the impounded yachts?

I'd prefer they impose a 1000% super tax on super yacht berthing fees.

Ubderstand that the Russian super yachts owned by Russian oligarchs identified as Putin political supporters are being impounded by nations for which a majority of UN members support.

These yachts are symbols of a fascist state that is conducting an undeclared war against a neighboring peaceful democratic nation, inflicting billions of dollars destroying Ukraine's infrastructure, committing war crimes against citizens and forcing annexation into the Russian state.

As such sale of the Russian oligarch yachts not only punishes Putin's oligarch but might go to Ukraine as reparations and other nations who will suffer from Russia's blackmail retaliation by cutting off oil and gas supplies.

Imposing a super tax on berthing fees on billionaires doesn't change the political narrative and conceding to Russian terrorism. In some nations (ie., Thailand) an asset that represents the proceeds of illegal activity require only a warrant for seizure and disposition. 

Some seizures and sale of sanctiobed Russian super yachts have no political agenda. The sales proceeds from sized Axioma* of $37.5m were used for the benefit of  investment bank JP Morgan which was owed for its loans to the oligarch's investment company. Because of the UN sanctions against Russia, the oligarch could not service the JPM loans because JPM could not legally accept payments.

Not all sanctioned yachts are seized and sold. For some sanctioned oligarchs (determined country by country), yachts remain in oligarch ownership but are secured from leaving their berths to where some were forced to dock. Cases in point: Sechin and Mordsahov.

*Original name "Red Square" - would not be very appropriate in today's world.

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Already had super yachts here, though what is the difference between 'damn expensive' & 'super'.

Had one anchored off PKK for couple days to/from Hua Hin ...

... Thankfully, as Andrey restocked my Stoli, what a guy ????

image.png.0514eb168fc8017ff325a330cf0ee7a2.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2143432/Russian-billionaires-bond-villain-300m-yacht-comes-mini-version-itself.html

It can be a traffic jam out there some days:

image.png.f3ab22f866c71e23df143611cad9a5cc.png

https://www.marinevesseltraffic.com/vessels/A/CURRENT-POSITION/1009340/538071242

Superyacht Russian sanctioned oligarch owned Cloudbreak spent anchored the week near Koh Samui in July 2022. Clearly anchored Thailand territorial waters.

The Thai government's reaction was to celebrate the yacht's arrival because Thailand's tourism will benefit from arrival of such high-net-worth tourists!