Covid-19 Anti-Viral Paxlovid Availability

lowp

Is the antiviral Paxlovid available in Bangkok? Where and how much?

Medisafe said they don't have it.

This is a plan B response to learning that secondary vaccines to counter omicron

and other recent variants are not available in Thailand. Thanks

• Haha 1

Would you please clarify a bit what you mean when you state that "secondary" vaccines are not available in Thailand? 

What is a secondary vaccine? 

Are you referring to some type of bivalent or multivalent vaccine which has yet to be developed? 

Or, what are you stating? 

Thank you. 

48 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Would you please clarify a bit what you mean when you state that "secondary" vaccines are not available in Thailand? 

What is a secondary vaccine? 

Are you referring to some type of bivalent or multivalent vaccine which has yet to be developed? 

Or, what are you stating? 

Thank you. 

He means the recently developed new Pfizer and Moderna versions effective against omicron variants.

43 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

He means the recently developed new Pfizer and Moderna versions effective against omicron variants.

Thank you for your clarification. 

Also, are we to assume that the original Pfizer Covid vaccine is still available here, at this time? 

1 hour ago, buick said:

i'm fairly certain my friend was offered paxlovid at bumrungrad in september 2022.   i don't think you can get it and store it on the shelf at home.  need to be infected and show up at bumrungrad.

I'm fairly certain this was not the case.

The drug is nto even approved for use in Thailand.

We have had erroneous reports of people supposedly getting Paxlovid before, on probing always turned out to be something different.

your friend may well have been given an antiviral, but highly unlikley he received Paxlovid.

In march thailand have bought 2mln paxlovid, that is only 50k courses, for 500mln bht. 
They are long gone, within a few weeks. 
I think they were not buying more. Cost of 10k per patient was probably prohibitive. 
Earlier on thailand was refused formula to make it themselves. 
The gpo has licence for some other covid antiviral. All prescription. 
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-signs-deal-with-pfizer-to-supply-2-million-anti-viral-paxlovid-tablets/