getting verified by wise

after a few months back to Thailand i noticed it was a UK number that that was displayed on messages from Wise

so trying to put things right felt like a good idea at the time...about twenty Photo's later i am now starting to feel

like i am pis..ing into the wind ....first one a bit blurred....three later not all the edging of my passport...next a bit old

i went to Kodak and that did not suit ,,, the lad looked about ten but no help at all.

my phone has about 1001 settings but to me mean nothing has any one found a proper nerd type photo guy or

lady , {our proper computer guy died two years ago}  RIP lad.     

Just did it minutes ago, and yes, the photo taking thingy for documents is a bit dodgy - on iPhone the screen was black, and on Android it showed but zoomed in and out arbitrarily on each attempt. So I just took photo and when seeing preview, tapped on Retake photo. After a couple of attempts it was what I wanted it to be. This could be hassle if you have a phone with not very good camera and try to take photos in low light - as that would extend the exposure time and lead to photo being blurred.

Try more light, or different phone (seems you can take this with any phone) with a better camera.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am almost computer illiterate, especially where "smart" cameras are concerned. Tried to take a selfie for identification purposes - gave up after a number of attempts. However, a neighbour took a photo and outcome was OK.  If possible, suggest you do the same. Time to confirm was very short.

41 minutes ago, gropes said:

I am almost computer illiterate, especially where "smart" cameras are concerned. Tried to take a selfie for identification purposes - gave up after a number of attempts. However, a neighbour took a photo and outcome was OK.  If possible, suggest you do the same. Time to confirm was very short.

well i got the most intelligent acting friend from my local to do his best..... but not good enough ??? ,,,,my wife had a go...not  acceptable,,, Kodak not good enough ??? 

i am now planning a day out first to Photo shop in Pattaya give them a try

if not central festival to Phone/computer shop {they should know how to use my ''Samsung

A12'' with its vast array of photo enhances } to be honest i was quite surprised when i tried to contact Wise UK. nothing like i anticipated. maybe a bad day ?

2 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

I took a selfie this year for Wise, no problem, never had an issue.

well in my ten years i have only had one minor problem and as it dragged on i

went with another company but i found them an absolute nightmare, three weeks later i was back with Wise, 

the thing that gets me is i noticed an error in my details so decided to tidy it up a bit ?

it was all my own doing what is that saying '' let sleeping dogs lie ? '' 

1 hour ago, gropes said:

I did it at night, it was average but worked.

my last attempt was ''Focus Color Lab Pattaya'' the lad looked awake but when i got home and {i had asked him to Email me picture} it was small very clear but as they want to read

details not enough, so back down there monday hopefully i can explain {well the wife says she already told him readable} this is turning into a pain  

On 11/18/2022 at 11:06 AM, The Theory said:

Why do you need to be verified ? 
Is it for overseas bank accounts ? 

Strikes me as yet another pointless so-called "security" measure which banks, government bodies, etc are increasingly taking great delight in gleefully inflicting on us with the sole and avowed aim of making life for us just as difficult as is humanly possible..????

On 11/22/2022 at 10:54 AM, OJAS said:

Strikes me as yet another pointless so-called "security" measure which banks, government bodies, etc are increasingly taking great delight in gleefully inflicting on us with the sole and avowed aim of making life for us just as difficult as is humanly possible..????

funny you should say that ? i have had two incidents in the last twenty years re banks and money going west both were in Thailand and both involved people who worked in the banking industry?? i use a UK C.Card so i was covered but all these security codes and verified or not it appears that any more codes/card readers/verified in four different banks its the people who work in banks not so much the customers who need more ''security procedures'' going by my dealings from the last twenty years.