Remote Trainers

I have been reading about remote pet control devices which use ultrasound. Pushing a button sends a high pitched signal that dogs can hear but people can't.

Does anyong know of a pet shop that carries such devices? I haven't seen any. I have a new dog that barks a lot and I haven't been able to train her to stop. I'm hoping some such device might be available to help with this problem.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, too.

I have been reading about remote pet control devices which use ultrasound. Pushing a button sends a high pitched signal that dogs can hear but people can't.

Does anyong know of a pet shop that carries such devices? I haven't seen any. I have a new dog that barks a lot and I haven't been able to train her to stop. I'm hoping some such device might be available to help with this problem.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, too.

Such a device may help with the problem temporarily, but if you don't address the cause of the problem barking, then I'm afraid also remote ultrasound will not end the excessive barking.

Nienke

A few years ago they had an ultrasound collar on Australian TV. Whenever the dog barked it automatically gave the sound.

These were on hire from local council. After wearing the collar for a few days the dog would stop repeated barking. The collar was then replaced with one that looked exactly the same but didn't have the ultrasound, this was like a placebo.

The 'real' collars were hired from local councils and the placebo's could be bought.

Apparently the placebo's didn't need to be worn full time, just showing them to the dog was enough.

They were said to be effective, but this is the only time I've seen them.

Edited by Smithson