non o entry req

Although aware of this I have never been asked to show 20k baht on entry, nor by any airline. I've made many entries some visa exempt, some with non O single entry visa obtained outside Thailand, some on non O  multiple  entry obtained outside Thailand, some on re entry permits. I often haven't had 20k baht in cash on me at that moment. I do have a Thai bank account and could if asked log in and show the balance or go to a pre immigration ATM and get the cash.  Usually the first thing I do after clearing immigration and collected bags is to get baht cash!

13 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Although aware of this I have never been asked to show 20k baht on entry, nor by any airline. I've made many entries some visa exempt, some with non O single entry visa obtained outside Thailand, some on non O  multiple  entry obtained outside Thailand, some on re entry permits. I often haven't had 20k baht in cash on me at that moment. I do have a Thai bank account and could if asked log in and show the balance or go to a pre immigration ATM and get the cash.  Usually the first thing I do after clearing immigration and collected bags is to get baht cash!

Yeah, never been asked for it either. From reports on here over the years it seems that you'll only get asked for it if the IO is looking for a reason to deny entry, eg. too many back-to-back visa exempts or because you're a smelly backpacker ????

• Thumbs Up 1