Cold Season???????

kingstonkid

20 minutes ago, MJCM said:

It was only 2-3 days here locally, hopefully Dec will bring some more cooler days 

It had bloody well better get cooler here in Lumphini because after last month's leccy bill I've had to ditch the aircon and buy a fan. Currently sweltering at 31°C in my room ????

Hopefully I can keep this up for more than a few days and finally start acclimatising to the local weather if that's even possible.

I do not expect November to be particularly cool.

Up here the real cool starts about mid December and Christmas/NYE can be quite chilly.

We had periods when I thought about buying a heater for the night.

February it starts to warm up, March sweating as usual.

Just looked up my picture gallery.

3rd Jan 2021: 12 Celsius, 13th Jan 2021: 11 Celsius!

One of the longest and coldest periods we had.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Looking at the weather forecast, it seems that its not going to cool down until the end of December, around 24/25 Dec, and hopefully the rain will stop?

This used to be my favourite time of the year but man makes me want to stay inside

Almost makes me miss Canada

NOTICE i SAID ALMOST

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Looking at the weather forecast, it seems that its not going to cool down until the end of December, around 24/25 Dec, and hopefully the rain will stop?

I am sincerely doubting that Weather forecast you have read. Why?

If you want to know what the weather will be like within the next week, a weather forecast can give you a really good idea of what to expect. A seven-day forecast can accurately predict the weather about 80 percent of the time and a five-day forecast can accurately predict the weather approximately 90 percent of the time.

However, a 10-day—or longer—forecast is only right about half the time. Meteorologists use computer programs called weather models to make forecasts. Since we can’t collect data from the future, models have to use estimates and assumptions to predict future weather. The atmosphere is changing all the time, so those estimates are less reliable the further you get into the future.

https://scijinks.gov/forecast-reliability/

47 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I am sincerely doubting that Weather forecast you have read. Why?

https://scijinks.gov/forecast-reliability/

You will note I said " it seems that its not going to cool down until the end of December,"

If I had thought the weather forecast was accurate, I wouldn't have said seems , i would have said it will cool down!????

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

3rd Dec 2021, 7:37 in the morning :biggrin:

A hoodie is worth a lot.

211203073731.jpg

I'm so jealous.

In a decade I haven't put on sweatshirts or hoodies in Thailand. 

Never gets colder than 23-24 even at night in our area. 

The only changes I have noticed this 'winter' is it's a couple of degrees less hot (note, not colder) in the direct sunlight and I tend not to need aircon in the early hours of the morning.  Apart from that, its all same same. Still raining here too in Chon Buri Province ,  I think that we may well have seen the last of any discernable 'winter' in these parts, perhaps for ever.