Equality

keithkarmann

I can honestly say that in almost 55 years of driving cars that I have never made an insurance claim. Yet when I get my insurance renewal reminder from that insurance company with possible Australian connections, I find that it is over 2000 baht more than what I can achieve on their website if applying as a new customer. Plus at about 2000 baht less I can get breakdown recovery, a greater amount of coverage for damage to my own car and any driver. Despite never having a claim before and the risk of me claiming is virtually nill, they seem quite happy to give insurance to others who probably are a greater risk for less money. Can someone please explain this to me before I mention something I may regret. Is it possibly because I am not Thai? Or is it that the insurance companies are treating us like idiots?

8 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

I would like to add that I will park my car for a while after the insurance expires. So that when I apply again the website will not be able to tell me that I am already a customer.

Same name, address, car reg. no, email, phone number.  No they will not know that it is you again. And if you really do want to be a new customer = no NCD.