Nightclub goers tested positive for drugs in Pattaya entertainment venue crackdown, passport inspections for foreigners to continue

webfact

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

great advertisement to potential holidaymakers this season. come to thailand, where you will be treated as a criminal the minute you step foot off the plane. oh, and dont forget to leave a big tip when you leave.

morons havent got a bleedin clue!!

I suspect very few foreign tourists were in the mix of the places raided. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect very few foreign tourists were in the mix of the places raided. 

the following excerpt from the article above would suggest otherwise:

" Some of the foreigners were unable to present their passports and they were taken to the Pattaya Police Station for questioning."

Just now, bob smith said:

" Some of the foreigners were unable to present their passports and they were taken to the Pattaya Police Station for questioning."

I did not say none....so how many is that then? They appear to be venues the Thais like to use.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Same report states Finup is on SoiBukow.. Its wrong..Its Third Rd.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

what does it matter if it is 1 or 101?

the police are once again being far too heavy handed and putting people off coming here by their tough guy approach. who wants to holiday in a police state??

I know I wouldnt.

I am trying to highlight that this is not about the police selecting foreigners in this case, which is something many complain about here. A Thai filled 'disco' gets raided, could I care? I bet the airport is busy tomorrow..... 

1 minute ago, kingstonkid said:

Why do people have this feeling that the Thai government is only looking at ways to upset tourists.  I bet these same people feel the world is out to get them

Tourists don't even know this place exists mate. As for potential holiday-makers reading the Pattaya News ... keep dreaming.

I am surprised, that the Louis Vuitton store on Avenue des Champs-Élysées or Prada Milano Galleria Donna on Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II lets Thai customers sink money by the 10-wheeler withOUT passport checks. 

But then the customer base as well as the retailer segmentation is slightly different ..... Passport into a discotheque? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Pattaya Plod are being outmuscled by a new kid on the block.

New boss of Region 2 flexing according to the videos narrated by Adam. I'm unfamiliar with police regions so I had to look it up. If Wikipedia is correct, wow, that's a big zone...8 provinces.

"Region 2—covering provinces:

Chanthaburi

Trat

Sa Kaeo

Chachoengsao

Prachinburi

Chonburi

Rayong

Nakhon Nayok"

Edited by Lemsta69