Your essential guide to Thailand’s new driving license points system

webfact

18 hours ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

Assuming you are not joking, this comment is total nonsense, as it seems are many of your other 22,000 posts, or the at least the few I've read.
Only recently I was in a car with a Thai driver who was pulled over for still having red number plates and given a ticket by a polite policeman, and "tea money" was not accepted. Happened to me several times over many decades as well. 

Thanks for your kindness and support. Sure, it may happen. But, in the decade plus I have been here, I have never been pulled over once, nor have I ever seen a vehicle pulled over by the highway patrol, in tens of thousands of kilometers of travel. Even for seriously reckless driving, driving a truck at 30kph in the fast lane of a major highway, and so many other forms of reckless bahavior. Likewise, only seen DUI 's issued at roadblocks. Never the result of a traffic stop. 

On 11/22/2022 at 12:00 PM, Bobtheblob said:

What always baffles me is, they stop people on a motorbike, fine then for no helmet no licence or no tax, then just allow them to drive off. They should impound the bike charge them for the service and only allow the bike back when said offence is sorted out.

yes that's what is needed..but not in our lifetime eh

On 11/22/2022 at 11:22 AM, webfact said:

Two points will be deducted if they are caught jumping a red light, driving against the prescribed traffic direction, or driving while their license is confiscated or suspended.

Why is confiscation in this law? It is illegal for police to confiscate a license now. 

https://tdl-service.com/new-thai-law-means-traffic-police-cannot-confiscate-driving-licences/