Chinese man arrested for allegedly stealing jobs from Thais by operating hairdresser’s shop in Pattaya

webfact

8 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

It sounds like you're referring to the maker of this youtube video.

How does anyone even know if he earns money off his videos?    I  think overall Youtubers do more good than bad.

Wide range of estimated earnings. He's had over 2 million video views but few subscribers at just 11K.

Source: https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCG1EZotLKYl0p_Xm6JIJG4Q

Seems like he needs a work permit if working and earning in Thailand ???? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

It sounds like you're referring to the maker of this youtube video.

How does anyone even know if he earns money off his videos?    I  think overall Youtubers do more good than bad.

No he's not making any money from youtube with 641 subscribers..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mbaki said:

What rubbish, you need to get out more and see how hard Thais work in the fields.

They work hard watching the rice grow - planting/harvesting is a month's work in a year.  Check out how hard shop workers work in Thaiwatsadu or any other big store which is overmanned by work-shy relatives of the management.

• Thanks 1

Just now, homeseeker said:

When the police arrested the Chinese man in his shop they asked him why no telephone in the premises, and he replied:

"No telephone as customer may Wing the Wong number"!

So he went Wing around the Wosy with the popo

15 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

There are 1.4 Billion people in China yet he couldn't find enough business and had to relocate to Thailand which has a population of 70 million. Good decision? I think not.   

He just couldn't cut it in China.

Couldn't make the grade.

image.jpeg

How could the Chinese have broken the law ?  On the right of the shop is clearly a make-shift law company.  You can see the picture of a handshake with the name of the company "Face Group".  Next to the handshake picture are 4 big Chinese words "Legal Services".

The picture below the handshake you see 2 Thai girls doing a "wat".  On the left of the picture it's written "Visa Services".

I believe it's a mistaken arrest.????

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Maybe that means they're becoming middle class and not willing to waste their valuable time on trivial things. Many trades people in the US have a minimum cost to come to your house, even if they do nothing.

On the other hand it seems many Thais aren't motivated by money as they already own transportation and have free housing. I don't blame them myself but it is annoying if you need some help but then maybe I should be blaming myself for being lazy. ????

No I am not lazy at all if think that.. I do everything myself as far as possible, but I am not a constructor or carpenter and new tiles in my bathroom I can't do either,Maybe you are the handy man and you can come to me and do it for me...

3 hours ago, Mbaki said:

What rubbish, you need to get out more and see how hard Thais work in the fields.

I am still wondering if the Thai population is so hard working why they need all Burmese and Laotion and Cambodian people to come to work... At least 3x a week Thai people ask me for money as they don't have it, but none of them is working and no they are not old folkes .. all less than 35.... I tell them to find a job,  but they can't  they say because they pay a little.... So probably the fieldworkers you see are non Thais too...  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Under the Thai Foreign Business Act, hairdressing and other beauty treatment jobs were one of the professions strictly reserved for Thai nationals only, according to Pol. Maj. Gen. Teerachai

So local plod had never sen this place operating before?

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

His real crime was being seen to be successful and investing properly in an attractive hair salon. Jealous "concerned citizens" read "lazy competitors" were his downfall. Amazing he got away with it for one year before they dobbed him in. Maybe only as now things are busier. Amazing Thailand!

Probably charging under the going rate other shops are charging. Barber told me years ago he had to put his prices up when everyone else did, or they would make him.

2 hours ago, Archie Baker said:

Should also arrest the 2 million mayanma & loa construction/civil workers for taking Thai jobs the Thais won't do.

Work it out hard work in hot sun for minimum wage or air conditioned 7/11 same dosh, mmmmm no brainer. 

They are allowed to work construction.  There are agreements with neighboring countries in relation to this.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They can most certainly employ foreigners as servers nowadays, loads of them from adjoining countries. Not sure if there are restrictions preventing a Brit being one other than dismal pay. 

Maybe he is 49% the owner with business visa and appropriate number of Thai staff working for him ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They can most certainly employ foreigners as servers nowadays, loads of them from adjoining countries. Not sure if there are restrictions preventing a Brit being one other than dismal pay. 

Or if the Brit had a work permit.