Chinese man arrested for allegedly stealing jobs from Thais by operating hairdresser’s shop in Pattaya

webfact

Chinese investment, Chinese Investor, Chinese CLIENTS ONLY, CHINA GIRLS chop in ha ir...how was that shop was stolen ? Jobs? Can thai hairdresser speak Cantonese or HOKKIAN ETC ETC to deal with the chinese clients?

I applied to the government to invest in a sheep farm with export in mind, but I  was called by the officer in charge and informed me that only thai can do that business which not a single thai farm is capable of doing what we wanted to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Stupid medieval law, especally as Thais are very lazy and need Brmese men to come to work. If the Thai people were working there would be less debts, and a better country... Yes they want a job if it is paid more than 25.000 THB a month .. Try to find somebody for a small issue to solve at home.. they won't come at all, as a few hours or a day is not paying enough..even if you offer them 1.000 THB a day to solve the problem, as i did many times.. 

Name me a country that doesn't have work permits and restrictions 

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They can most certainly employ foreigners as servers nowadays, loads of them from adjoining countries. Not sure if there are restrictions preventing a Brit being one other than dismal pay. 

I have seen foreign staff in 4/5 star hotels , also once waiting on a BBQ evening. I think they must be legally on some sort of training scheme. Foreign chefs are common, one who was my neighbour was earring a huge wage in a 5 star hotel.

On 11/22/2022 at 5:11 PM, soi3eddie said:

His real crime was being seen to be successful and investing properly in an attractive hair salon. Jealous "concerned citizens" read "lazy competitors" were his downfall. Amazing he got away with it for one year before they dobbed him in. Maybe only as now things are busier. Amazing Thailand!

Have you been to Sihanoukville lately? 

On 11/23/2022 at 2:33 PM, ikke1959 said:

I am still wondering if the Thai population is so hard working why they need all Burmese and Laotion and Cambodian people to come to work... At least 3x a week Thai people ask me for money as they don't have it, but none of them is working and no they are not old folkes .. all less than 35.... I tell them to find a job,  but they can't  they say because they pay a little.... So probably the fieldworkers you see are non Thais too...  

We hire our own field workers and they are definitely Thai’s ????