Living somewhere else other than your reported address

I am on a marriage extension and living at my spouse's address. I need a change of scenery and want to live in a beach town by renting a place. I will come back to my house just before doing the 90 day report and maybe go and live somewhere again. Will I have to report a change of address to the beach town Immigration office? When I return to my home, will I have to submit the TM 30? Thanks.

There's another problem with not staying at your reported address. 

If you have a vehicle registered at that address and you get photoed for speeding etc, the fine is sent to that address. If it's like M Flow, the fine is 10x the origional if you don't pay by a certain time. So B30 becomes B300 etc. Could mount up.

More cameras coming.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ubonquest said:

Will I have to report a change of address to the beach town Immigration office?

No, but you will be reported by hotel or apartment. Unless you rent a condo that the owner is not interested to do TM30. 
But they won't count as address change anyway. Keep in mind, long stay from home won't be a "travel" since you are not at your reported address as residence. 

Well, I've recently asked this question at the local immigration and they say it's absolutely not legal to move away from your registered address without registering a new address apart from taking trips. Not sure if there is any law that stated how long you could be away. But that's my local immi and others may say something different. 

Keep in mind that some immigration offices, if not all, have a mandatory home visit. That's what my local immigration said. They may sniff around your neighbours too. Chances are low but you never know. 

Of course, as stated above, if you rent a place and the owner isn't bothered to report your presence, you should be ok. 

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

The TM30 report by random hotel is irrelevant.

Just one example...I stayed on Koh Samed for 8 months start of covid away from my residence in Bangkok. 

The OP needs to do nothing. 

What about condominiums?

If the owner submits a TM30 surely you have changed (registered) address.

24 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

If the owner submits a TM30 surely you have changed (registered) address

As I mentioned earlier.

I rent a pad in Bangkok.

We like to travel a lot and since covid that is inside Thailand.

Stayed in many places and  various hotels have done many TM30 

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP needs to do nothing. 

Yes op won't need to do anything. 

Just always be ready to pay the fine for not living in your registered address as you read in some recent news.

if it did not happen to some others, it does not mean that it is not against immigration law. 

To op 

some people say "I did it and no problem" ???????? because they believe if nothing happened to them then it must be the right way and try to mislead others by own experience.  ????????????

Edited by The Theory
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Just always be ready to pay the fine for not living in your registered address as you read in some recent news.

if it did not happen to some others, it does not mean that it is not against immigration law. 

To op 

some people say "I did it and no problem" ???????? because they believe if nothing happened to them then it must be the right way. ????????????

In my province, immi has been given orders to pay visits to every foreigner. Immigration lady confirmed and said they even go out on SATURDAYS! 

Scary indeed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

What about condominiums?

If the owner submits a TM30 surely you have changed (registered) address.

The owner is obligated to do the TM30. 
but it does not men that you have changed your address since the rent could be a short term rental. 
If you report the new address by 90 day report, then it will be a change of address. 

Edited by The Theory

47 minutes ago, The Theory said:

To op 

some people say "I did it and no problem" ???????? because they believe if nothing happened to them then it must be the right way and try to mislead others by own experience.  ????????????

Your first sentence...

"Yes op won't need to do anything"

Is correct. All the rest is not

• Haha 1

I didnt do that. Wife hometown was in North but we lived in Bangkok. I remember specifically asking this to IO at North and he suggested as long as i routinely do 90-day report, i didnt have to bother changing address. (I was denied visa extension based on Marriage at CW)

But i found it was quite troublesome to drive +1200km back and forth once in every 90 days. So i opted to 180 days walk-in report (online report wasnt working, surprise eh?) and paid the fine from the first missing deadline report. IO was still fine since he knew i and family were living in Bkk. 

On 11/23/2022 at 6:22 AM, HuskerDo2 said:

So many stupid reporting rules. Come into the 21st century Thailand authorities and try to make people feel welcome instead of like criminals with all the nonsensical "rules".

Lets start with the 18th century before we get too crazy.

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

The owner is obligated to do the TM30. 
but it does not men that you have changed your address since the rent could be a short term rental. 
If you report the new address by 90 day report, then it will be a change of address. 

OK....my friend has a 12 month contract.

Can you do a 90 day report on an address that is not 'registered' ?

5 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

OK....my friend has a 12 month contract.

Can you do a 90 day report on an address that is not 'registered' ?

No,

TM30 must be done before 90 day report. The house master/owner will do TM30 for your friend. Perhaps your friend can do 90 day report by himself, but he needs the owner ID card and house book copy.(not sure if it's possible at all immigration offices). 

• Like 1