Good time to sell land in Samui/Lamai?

There is always a market if the price is right, but land prices on Samui don't seem to have increased during the last decade or so, if it's not extremely attractive land.

Typically land costs around 3,5 million baht per rai, I was offered the same kind of land 15-18 years ago for 3,5 million baht. Bad location cheaper, good location more expensive – and way more expensive if prime location...????

• Like 1

It's a 5 rai plot.  Has sea view, about 1km as the crow flies from the sea.  Access to the land is a bit dicey in rainy season.  150 meters off the main road....that's the bad part about the land.  I'm asking 25mil rai but negotiable.

29 minutes ago, Nepal4me said:

It's a 5 rai plot.  Has sea view, about 1km as the crow flies from the sea.  Access to the land is a bit dicey in rainy season.  150 meters off the main road....that's the bad part about the land.  I'm asking 25mil rai but negotiable.

Do you say 25 million baht per rai..?

19 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Negotiable... 

Must be extremely prime location with full infrastructure for 25 million bat pr. rai – around 3.5 million baht per rai for land by concrete public road with 3-phase electricity in place is more likely the present going price; of course higher for excellent view for foreigners, or when the land is facing main road for making business.

• Like 1

As khunPer states, it is all about location.

I bought land more than 20 years ago for 3 million baht per rai. My friends told me that I was stupid as most land on Samui was 1.5 million or less. There was no electricity or water and just a dirt track to the whole peninsular.

About six years ago I sold one house and some land. The going rate then was 35 million per rai.

Sorry, no idea about prices now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 4:09 PM, Nepal4me said:

Possible to get realtor suggestions?

I want to sell this land asap.

Contact some of the local real estate agents – Google might be helpful – quick sale normally equals low price like around 2/3 of the normal selling price, which is not the same as asking price...????