Kaka goes gaga! Famous Thai racer drives mate's Ferrari into a tree in downtown Bangkok

webfact

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTczMS84NjU5NDg2L2tha2EuanBn.jpg

Sanook Thai Captiom (colloquial!): A loss of face...or what?

Sanook reported on an accident that occurred on Pahonyothin Road yesterday.

Police had been told that a luxury car had hit a tree. 

At the scene they found damage to the right door and front right wheel of a red Ferrari F8 Tributo 3.9 (Rosso Magma) with the license plate of ฉบ 6666 (Bangkok).

A tree was snapped in half on top of the 25 million baht vehicle.

It was being driven by 45 year old Nawin Yasri who was taken to Paulo Kaset Hospital with a spinal injury.

S__3940452.jpg

Picture: Sanook

It emerged that he had driven the vehicle inbound along Pahonyothin Road and intended to make a U-turn to fill up with gas at the station opposite in the area of soi 73.

He lost control of the vehicle and hit the tree. It appeared that the wheels may have locked.

Nawin is better known by the name Kaka and has raced for the Puma Inforlife Team PTT winning countless races, said the media.

He had borrowed the car from its owner Dr Wirakat Dokjan also an experienced racing driver and owner of World Pump (Thailand) Co Ltd. 

The Ferrari was towed away to the service center while the Don Muang police are charging Kaka with negligent driving leading to damage of state property.

There was some good news for the embarrassed racer, however.

He should be able to afford the maximum 1,000 baht fine. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-11-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

S__3940458.jpg
Picture: Sanook
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A tree was snapped in half on top of the 25 million baht vehicle.

i love this about thailand. you mean that vehicle that has a 300 percent duty on it to make it that value reported ? 

my lada awaits....true story my dad bought one when we were young...it was yellow too. 

On 11/24/2022 at 2:45 PM, stoner said:

i love this about thailand. you mean that vehicle that has a 300 percent duty on it to make it that value reported ? 

my lada awaits....true story my dad bought one when we were young...it was yellow too. 

25.2 mill actually. The cost of luxury imports into Thailand is astronomical.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/25/2022 at 2:46 PM, Seismic said:

The cost of luxury imports into Thailand is astronomical.

I think that includes cheese and wine, hardly luxury goods.  A bottle of cheap red at home costs $3.  Here it is 300 to 400 baht depending on where you buy.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

You have all the facts leading up to the accident you can share ?

Dont have to. If as has been suggested he did motor racing then he should have been capable of reading the road. Evidently he couldnt read the road. So why do you think you cant comment unless pretty much you was there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

Dont have to. If as has been suggested he did motor racing then he should have been capable of reading the road. Evidently he couldnt read the road. So why do you think you cant comment unless pretty much you was there?

There could be any number of reasons as to why he lost control..... but the pro's like yourself claim "he has no brain" and "he did not read the road"..........

As usual you pro's base your <deleted> dribbling on zero fact.

The 'U' turn where it happened is 500m from my home. Drivers making that turn are usually trying to beat the on-coming traffic and crossing 3 or 4 lanes. My guess would be that his heavy left foot got him into trouble and the car started to 'Fish tail'. He lost control and found a tree.

The tree that he hit isn't far past that 'U' turn.

Edited by jaiyenyen