Female beer vendor on Bangla Road takes off her clothes in protest after being warned for illegally selling alcohol

webfact

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Public officials cite sale requires a license but police cite some "rule" that alcohol can't be sold 'on' the road? 

Obviously 'on' meant next to a public road (I don't think seller was actually in the roadway but maybe a translation problem with Thai) but wouldn't that make bars selling alcohol next to a public road illegal aside from a license issue?

Maybe it would more helpful if police cite correct law and not some 'off the cuff' proverb.

There’s something that doesn’t add up - I can’t see any of the bars allowing anyone to sell beer (how much money can you make from a cool box of beers before you get a slap?)  in the middle of the street.

This has to be some promotion girl who has taken the initiative of standing behind a box at the entrance to a bar or something. 

Anyway, what do I know or care? 

"municipality officials warned the female vendor that selling alcohol without a license was illegal but she took off her clothes seemingly to protest the officials warning".........

She wasn't protesting the officials warning. She was trying to offer them a "quickie" to leave her alone so she could continue selling. 

• Haha 1