Female beer vendor on Bangla Road takes off her clothes in protest after being warned for illegally selling alcohol

webfact

Pursuant to their love of acronyms and pure Thai logic, the President of the  Association of Rudimentary Soi Etiquette and Hoteliers Office of Legislative Egregious Sycophants (AR5EH0LE5) concluded that, pertaining to the family orientated Bangla Road, legitimate female beer vendors were welcome to display jugs but not boxes, outside of designated areas.

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

here’s something that doesn’t add up - I can’t see any of the bars allowing anyone to sell beer (how much money can you make from a cool box of beers before you get a slap?)  in the middle of the street

Yes it's surprising nobody involved the police...

4 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Okay, lottery number 85 it is.

she is a woman so you add 1 so it is 86 if she was a man minus one so it would be 84. Next time I see granny I will check it again as I might have it backwards. It could be 85 though.

8 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

Where is the photos? We need the pics/videos so the AN sleuths can jump on the case an solve it. ????

I urge video owners to PM me their evidence so that I may use a PC editing tool to purge the offensive content and prevent release into the public domain. We cannot allow alcohol to be sold in environmentally unfriendly foam boxes only bottles, cans and glasses.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Public officials cite sale requires a license but police cite some "rule" that alcohol can't be sold 'on' the road? 

Obviously 'on' meant next to a public road (I don't think seller was actually in the roadway but maybe a translation problem with Thai) but wouldn't that make bars selling alcohol next to a public road illegal aside from a license issue?

Maybe it would more helpful if police cite correct law and not some 'off the cuff' proverb.

Most countries do not allow roadside or mobile sales of alcohol, demanding “licensed premises” to allow them to be regulated. I don’t know how the VW cocktail bars get around it, but TIT.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

If it were some girl selling beer without a license on the street I don’t think it would have got as far as the police, would it? 

the all do it cme on, its just a push from <deleted> from above pretending job is done...

10 hours ago, recom273 said:

There’s something that doesn’t add up - I can’t see any of the bars allowing anyone to sell beer (how much money can you make from a cool box of beers before you get a slap?)  in the middle of the street.

She's been there on the road for quite a while in between the eastern end and the Tiger bars, along with several food vendors just a stone's throw from the "official" Bangla food market.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, recom273 said:

There’s something that doesn’t add up - I can’t see any of the bars allowing anyone to sell beer (how much money can you make from a cool box of beers before you get a slap?)  in the middle of the street.

This has to be some promotion girl who has taken the initiative of standing behind a box at the entrance to a bar or something. 

Anyway, what do I know or care? 

It happens every morning in Bangla after closing. And has done so for years

Edited by Reigntax
  • Thumbs Up 1