Small Batteries For Safe.

NoshowJones

I bought a small safe from Lazada, Am very pleased with it, the instructions were all in English and easy to understand. I was able to get everything up and running.

Problem is there is a little thingy that you put four small batteries into, I think but not certain, that it is for charging the batteries, there is an input from the thingy for sticking in to something similar like the input on earplugs but not the same size. there are no instructions for this.

Does anyone know what this thingy is meant to stick into? Certainly not a computer. Thanks.

Could you post a photo of the "thingy" including any labelling.

The manual for the safe may also be handy.

EDIT I suspect it could be the "emergency power" to open the safe when the internal battery dies.

EDIT2 A link to the Lazada listing may also help.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

It’s as @Crossy states the emergency power to open the safe when the battery in the actual safe dies.

Somewhere on your safe ( externally ) there is a socket for the Jack plug on your “ emergency power “ thingy .

Put batteries in it, plug it in , input your code number to open safe and change internal battery.

This is what mine looks like:

BD3331C7-0A95-43A3-B6FE-45C9202A9B1C.thumb.jpeg.44b11261259e9a7f6667020e109c45f1.jpeg

That  is exactly what it looks like, only the bit you plug in is a lot thinner. It is not for using when the batteries on the safe die, there is also a key which I think will do that although it is not mentioned in the instructions.

There is not a socket for plugging the small battery box into.

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

Could you post a photo of the "thingy" including any labelling.

The manual for the safe may also be handy.

EDIT I suspect it could be the "emergency power" to open the safe when the internal battery dies.

EDIT2 A link to the Lazada listing may also help.

Sorry Crossy, I do not know how to put a photo up. but poster Andrew Dwyer has put up exactly what it looks like.

4 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Sorry Crossy, I do not know how to put a photo up. but poster Andrew Dwyer has put up exactly what it looks like.

The Manuel is only the basic instructios of how to work it and was very easy to follow.

10 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

That  is exactly what it looks like, only the bit you plug in is a lot thinner. It is not for using when the batteries on the safe die, there is also a key which I think will do that although it is not mentioned in the instructions.

I think the batteries I got with the safe were the chargable type and the small box is for that.

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I think the batteries I got with the safe were the chargable type and the small box is for that.

What markings are on the safe batteries?

Can you post a link to the Lazada listing for the safe please?

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Here’s from my manual:

3B155DE8-4B90-4A3F-8BEC-1F7B7986E69B.thumb.jpeg.697e917ddd1a03a33b2296fe486778e5.jpeg

Mine is definitely for spare power supply ( or when the internal battery dies ) . You can see it plugs in under the number keypad.

I also have 2 spare emergency keys for if I forget the number code.

The Jack plug on mine is 3.5 mm, standard for headphones etc.

Yours might be a different size but i’m pretty sure it will plug into the keypad somewhere , look to see if there isn’t a removable panel somewhere also, mine has one over the handle and hides the keyhole.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Here’s from my manual:

3B155DE8-4B90-4A3F-8BEC-1F7B7986E69B.thumb.jpeg.697e917ddd1a03a33b2296fe486778e5.jpeg

Mine is definitely for spare power supply ( or when the internal battery dies ) . You can see it plugs in under the number keypad.

I also have 2 spare emergency keys for if I forget the number code.

The Jack plug on mine is 3.5 mm, standard for headphones etc.

Yours might be a different size but i’m pretty sure it will plug into the keypad somewhere , look to see if there isn’t a removable panel somewhere also, mine has one over the handle and hides the keyhole.

Got it now. Thanks :thumbsup:  it was under the square where the numbers are. Can't imagine why it was not in the instructions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

There is only one thing worse than having no manual, that is having a manual that is wrong or incomplete - Anon

The instructions is one piece of paper about 10ins-5ins all in English with coloured pictures of everything and very easy to understand, and what you have said is very true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

The instructions is one piece of paper about 10ins-5ins all in English with coloured pictures of everything and very easy to understand, and what you have said is very true.

Everything fine now, thanks all.

• Like 2