Jump to content

Small Batteries For Safe.


NoshowJones
 Share

Recommended Posts

I bought a small safe from Lazada, Am very pleased with it, the instructions were all in English and easy to understand. I was able to get everything up and running.

Problem is there is a little thingy that you put four small batteries into, I think but not certain, that it is for charging the batteries, there is an input from the thingy for sticking in to something similar like the input on earplugs but not the same size. there are no instructions for this.

Does anyone know what this thingy is meant to stick into? Certainly not a computer. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you post a photo of the "thingy" including any labelling.

 

The manual for the safe may also be handy.

 

EDIT I suspect it could be the "emergency power" to open the safe when the internal battery dies.

 

EDIT2 A link to the Lazada listing may also help.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can chat directly with the vendor on the Lazada ap, and even send them pics.

 

I've found them to be surprisingly helpful, tho their English will be Google-ish 😉

Edited by Pawpcorn
typo
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

It’s as @Crossy states the emergency power to open the safe when the battery in the actual safe dies.

Somewhere on your safe ( externally ) there is a socket for the Jack plug on your “ emergency power “ thingy .

 

Put batteries in it, plug it in , input your code number to open safe and change internal battery.

 

This is what mine looks like:

 

BD3331C7-0A95-43A3-B6FE-45C9202A9B1C.thumb.jpeg.44b11261259e9a7f6667020e109c45f1.jpeg

 

 

That  is exactly what it looks like, only the bit you plug in is a lot thinner. It is not for using when the batteries on the safe die, there is also a key which I think will do that although it is not mentioned in the instructions.

There is not a socket for plugging the small battery box into.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

Could you post a photo of the "thingy" including any labelling.

 

The manual for the safe may also be handy.

 

EDIT I suspect it could be the "emergency power" to open the safe when the internal battery dies.

 

EDIT2 A link to the Lazada listing may also help.

Sorry Crossy, I do not know how to put a photo up. but poster Andrew Dwyer has put up exactly what it looks like.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Sorry Crossy, I do not know how to put a photo up. but poster Andrew Dwyer has put up exactly what it looks like.

The Manuel is only the basic instructios of how to work it and was very easy to follow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

That  is exactly what it looks like, only the bit you plug in is a lot thinner. It is not for using when the batteries on the safe die, there is also a key which I think will do that although it is not mentioned in the instructions.

There is not a socket for plugging the small battery box into.

I think the batteries I got with the safe were the chargable type and the small box is for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Put batteries in it, plug it in , input your code number to open safe and change internal battery.

Mine came with a key for such occasions. Maybe back up is more stranger proof|🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I think the batteries I got with the safe were the chargable type and the small box is for that.

 

What markings are on the safe batteries?

 

Can you post a link to the Lazada listing for the safe please?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

 

What markings are on the safe batteries?

 

Can you post a link to the Lazada listing for the safe please?

Will PM you soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

That  is exactly what it looks like, only the bit you plug in is a lot thinner. It is not for using when the batteries on the safe die, there is also a key which I think will do that although it is not mentioned in the instructions.

There is not a socket for plugging the small battery box into.

Here’s from my manual:

 

3B155DE8-4B90-4A3F-8BEC-1F7B7986E69B.thumb.jpeg.697e917ddd1a03a33b2296fe486778e5.jpeg

 

Mine is definitely for spare power supply ( or when the internal battery dies ) . You can see it plugs in under the number keypad.

I also have 2 spare emergency keys for if I forget the number code.

 

The Jack plug on mine is 3.5 mm, standard for headphones etc.

Yours might be a different size but i’m pretty sure it will plug into the keypad somewhere , look to see if there isn’t a removable panel somewhere also, mine has one over the handle and hides the keyhole.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Here’s from my manual:

 

3B155DE8-4B90-4A3F-8BEC-1F7B7986E69B.thumb.jpeg.697e917ddd1a03a33b2296fe486778e5.jpeg

 

Mine is definitely for spare power supply ( or when the internal battery dies ) . You can see it plugs in under the number keypad.

I also have 2 spare emergency keys for if I forget the number code.

 

The Jack plug on mine is 3.5 mm, standard for headphones etc.

Yours might be a different size but i’m pretty sure it will plug into the keypad somewhere , look to see if there isn’t a removable panel somewhere also, mine has one over the handle and hides the keyhole.

Got it now. Thanks :thumbsup:  it was under the square where the numbers are. Can't imagine why it was not in the instructions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Can't imagine why it was not in the instructions.

 

There is only one thing worse than having no manual, that is having a manual that is wrong or incomplete - Anon

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

 

There is only one thing worse than having no manual, that is having a manual that is wrong or incomplete - Anon

The instructions is one piece of paper about 10ins-5ins all in English with coloured pictures of everything and very easy to understand, and what you have said is very true.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

The instructions is one piece of paper about 10ins-5ins all in English with coloured pictures of everything and very easy to understand, and what you have said is very true.

Everything fine now, thanks all.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...